New to audio but I really want to get into it.

Zhat

Hey everyone Im new to all of the audio stuff but really want to get into it. I really just need to know what I need to get into it.

Thanks!

Audiophile Headphones (sennheiser hd 558 cost 100$ and are amazing)

A headpone DAC (Fiio E10 costs 75$, boots audio quality)

other than that, experiment

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

Hey everyone Im new to all of the audio stuff but really want to get into it. I really just need to know what I need to get into it.

Thanks!

You need to find out what you want first. Know your application and budget, then build a system plan.

Dont use Realtek Audio! I not much of an audiophile but everytime ive used Realtek my Microphone always has a hissing noise and theres a hissing noise when listening to stuff too...my recommendation is to get m50x/m50 (slight bass toned balanced headphones) 200/150 amazon.

External Sound Card

Kick as audio system xD

Use FLACC audio files also

Current Build: Desk

My case is my most expensive part

Its Almost 2015 and I don't have an SSD

Audiophile Headphones (sennheiser hd 558 cost 100$ and are amazing)

A headpone DAC (Fiio E10 costs 75$, boots audio quality)

other than that, experiment

558's are amazing headphones and I will swear by the E10 lol. I use ATH-m30's and love them. 

Dont use Realtek Audio! I not much of an audiophile but everytime ive used Realtek my Microphone always has a hissing noise and theres a hissing noise when listening to stuff too...my recommendation is to get m50x/m50 (slight bass toned balanced headphones) 200/150 amazon.

External Sound Card

Kick as audio system xD

FLACC audio is almost usless for how much space it takes up for most people, high bit rate MP3's are just as good in most cases IMO. 

step one - get good music

step two - get more good music

step three - buy better headphones than you currently own

step four - repeat

Thanks!

Start with micca mb42x speakers with topping tp20 amplifier,if you are going with the headphone get a fiio E7 or E10 DAC+amp with ATH M40X headphone.But if you have the space and environment go for the speakers.Finally you need good music.Play Flac format music files for best quality.

FLACC audio is almost usless for how much space it takes up for most people, high bit rate MP3's are just as good in most cases IMO. 

I definitely find Flac files to be better than mp3 with studio monitors but unoticeable with headphones.

You need to find out what you want first. Know your application and budget, then build a system plan.

My budget is around 150.

I definitely find Flac files to be better than mp3 with studio monitors but unoticeable with headphones.

Do a proper ABX test or stop talking.

Dont use Realtek Audio! I not much of an audiophile but everytime ive used Realtek my Microphone always has a hissing noise and theres a hissing noise when listening to stuff too...

External Sound Card

Kick as audio system xD

No. Stop. 

step one - get good music

step two - get more good music

step three - buy better headphones than you currently own

step four - repeat

Probably the best option. I find good music to be more important than really good headphones (while costing less, too).

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Forget the E10, sound cards and FLACC files. 

Just get better headphones and use your integrated audio.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Forget the E10, sound cards and FLACC files. 

Just get better headphones and use your integrated audio.

Fuck yes.

(Unless you mobo is like, 6 years old or worse or your onboard clearly has problems...)

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

I always think a good pair of in ears is a good way of getting into audio, im not sure if you would be interested but I have a pair of UE triple fi's im looking to sell. They look kind of silly but they sound great!

Try the HD558s for HD598s and also get the Objective 2 amp. You will stick with the setup for quite some time. It is one of the best setup for me.