Mic under $20?

TheMail

My friend is looking for a mic, i suggested the zalman clip-on mic, but he doesnt want one that clips on. Preferably a desktop mic.

Also, he lives in canada... 

Any suggestions? I realize he doesnt have too many options.

I suggest he save up a little bit more and get a Blue Snowball or something like that.

I suggest he save up a little bit more and get a Blue Snowball or something like that.

thats what i suggested, but hes really stubborn and REFUSES to pay more than $20, maybe $30.

You're looking festive. :D Did we just decide to skip Halloween and Thanksgiving?

You're looking festive. :D Did we just decide to skip Halloween and Thanksgiving?

Maybe.

A mic for $20, he'd be better of recording audio with his phone. 

Seriously, saving up and getting a Blue Snowball or Yeti would be much more beneficial. 

Will he be ding gameplay commentaries or something alike?

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

You're not going to find a good desktop mic for $20. If he's strapped for cash just get the cheapest thing you can find at walmart or your equivalent.

Something like this - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836186004

If he can save a few more dollars I suggest picking up a blue snowflake. They're $30-40 in the US.

A mic for $20, he'd be better of recording audio with his phone. 

Seriously, saving up and getting a Blue Snowball or Yeti would be much more beneficial. 

Will he be ding gameplay commentaries or something alike?

itll just be for skype and the like

itll just be for skype and the like

If audio quality isn't a requirement, just audibility, than a $20 mic might be alright. 

I'll try and find something decent with NCIX or Newegg.

Nothing fancy, but will get the job done:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4B41EA6656

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Just tell him to get a microphone from Bestbuy in all honesty Zalman Clip on(fits but he doesn't like) Antlion modmics(doesn't fit) and Blue Snowball(doesn't fit) are good ones but they have issues mostly cost however sooo just tell him to buy cheap ones and when they break buy a new one xD

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas