Push or Pull?

Hey, 

Just wanted to ask what is a push or pull configuration for your radiator? 

CPU: Intel Core I74790k

Hey, 

Push means the fans push air through it while pull means they pull air through it....

Wait...are you asking what mine is, or whats the difference? 

Anyway, mines push since in pull theres too much slack on the tubing and it looks silly. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Pull is when the fans are pulling air through. So the air goes through the rad before the fans. Opposite for push.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

push is when the fans take air from outside and push it through the radiator, and pull is when they also take air from the outside but they are on the other side of the radiator

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

I use push, mainly so I can see the colored rings on my Corsair SP120s that match the rest of the system. I would do Push-Pull but I don't have enough clearance.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Depends but aesthetically push fan configuration feels more optimal since you don't see the back of the frame/motor, no sight of the fan wire & looks better.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Hey, 

d8641d6f_vbattach201757.png

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

pull currently planing on to get a 2nd fan for push 

Push, I find pull is awkward to mount.

Push means the fans push air through it while pull means they pull air through it....

Wait...are you asking what mine is, or whats the difference? 

Anyway, mines push since in pull theres too much slack on the tubing and it looks silly. 

Pull is when the fans are pulling air through. So the air goes through the rad before the fans. Opposite for push.

push is when the fans take air from outside and push it through the radiator, and pull is when they also take air from the outside but they are on the other side of the radiator

I use push, mainly so I can see the colored rings on my Corsair SP120s that match the rest of the system. I would do Push-Pull but I don't have enough clearance.

Depends but aesthetically push fan configuration feels more optimal since you don't see the back of the frame/motor, no sight of the fan wire & looks better.

Hey, 

d8641d6f_vbattach201757.png

Does the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe have enough headroom to put in a Push/Pull Fan Configuration?

Does the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe have enough headroom to put in a Push/Pull Fan Configuration?

Probably. The question is do you need to spend so much money on fans to do push/pull? Thin to thick low fpi rads (30 - 60mm) do not need push/pull if you're using good static pressure fans like NF-F12's, NB E-loops or NF-A14's. It's the same with thin (30-40mm) high fpi. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I believe either Linus did a video of push vs pull and they found no significant difference. I have a push config, because of clearance issues

I have my radiator at the top of the case in pull configuration to pull the air out of my case. (makes the radiator easier to clean if needed)

All my other fans i have configured to be (filtered) intake (to create positive pressure inside the case - 140mm and 2 x 120mm)

With all the intake fans, I figured that it would help cool the air inside the case before being exhausted out the top since hot air rises.

The down side of it is that the radiator wouldn't be as cool as if i were pulling air in, but at least I'm not putting extra heat into my case.

Intel i7 4790K | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Motherboard | Kingston Beast 16Gb 2400Mhz RAM | Corsair AX860i Power supply | Corsair H100i CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Storm Trooper w/ window | Samsung EVO 500gb SSD | WD Black 2TB | Asus GTX980

I believe either Linus did a video of push vs pull and they found no significant difference. I have a push config, because of clearance issues

Linus said pull was better.