Audio Not Working , Help !

WR10

Hey all , just today , my audio suddenly stopped working , i tried plugging my speakers and earphones , non of them works . I went to ''playback devices '' and it says speakers not plugged in but it actually is plugged in. My computer was working perfectly fine until now. 

And I have to mention something , not sure if it is related or not but earlier on i've tried to plug in my case fan LED into one of the motherboard sockets ( I dont know which one but its the tiny pins ) and my computer  just stopped working . Then I pressed the power button and everything is working again . Except for my audio . Can anyone enlighten me please. 

Are you using onboard sound?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Are you using onboard sound?

Yes onboard sound. 

go to mixer and click the first chnl then the icon for it then change default device try that. sorry if i wasnt saying things right havnt used windows in a while

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

You didn't plug it into the front panel header jack by mistake, did you?

xfi_front_panel_audio_conn.jpg

like this one?

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

You didn't plug it into the front panel header jack by mistake, did you?

xfi_front_panel_audio_conn.jpg

like this one?

Plug which or what into that ? Sorry , im very nervous right now

Plug which or what into that ? Sorry , im very nervous right now

That LED fan connector?  Don't worry man, it wouldn't fit anyways, as long as you didn't force it.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

That LED fan connector?  Don't worry man, it wouldn't fit anyways, as long as you didn't force it.

I plugged it into this (if im not mistaken , its that ) once i connected it , the system stopped , i immediately take it off. 

post-4767-0-66378100-1370233419_thumb.pn

post-4767-0-66378100-1370233419_thumb.pn

I plugged it into this (if im not mistaken , its that ) once i connected it , the system stopped , i immediately take it off. 

attachicon.gifMsiMotherboard.png

you might've shorted something out.  In your sound settings is your onboard card still detected?  Post me your sound control panel on the playback tab.

Um , is this it ? 

post-4767-0-76738400-1370233914_thumb.pn

ok, it's realtek.  Can you post your realtek control panel?  Right click your speakers and set them to default btw.

Here it is , but I cannot seem to set my speakers to default . The button is unpressable

post-4767-0-79402100-1370234503_thumb.pn

okay, leave that window up and try plugging things into those back ports and see if anything happens on the control panel.  Try the front panel too if you've got it hooked up.

okay, leave that window up and try plugging things into those back ports and see if anything happens on the control panel.  Try the front panel too if you've got it hooked up.

I've tried both front and back, nothing happened on the control panel . And this reminds me of something , normally when I plug my speaker / headphone jack into it , the control panel will show up and it will give me a few options like Line - up mircrophone , something like that .

Should I uninstall my ''realtek high defination audio driver '' and download + reinstall it ? 

http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

okay, try the latest official driver from here.  It's all in one for all realtek models

http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

okay, try the latest official driver from here.  It's all in one for all realtek models

I have to uninstall it first right ? or can i straight away download from the link you gave ? By the way , I dont understand which one should i download http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Are you running a 32 or 64 bit OS?  Just grab the link mirror closest to your country under your windows OS version.

EDIT:  Either one of the first two on the list that's your OS version

Still no luck ! I've done almost everything I could . I'm tempted to try a windows recovery now.. maybe getting a little desperate now

Still no luck ! I've done almost everything I could . I'm tempted to try a windows recovery now.. maybe getting a little desperate now

ok, do you have any usb adapters you can plug into those usb ports on your motherboard you accidentally put that fan connector into?  Try them out and see if they work.

ok, do you have any usb adapters you can plug into those usb ports on your motherboard you accidentally put that fan connector into?  Try them out and see if they work.

Nope.. Most of my friends who live nearby don't either ... I've tried a lot of solutions from google but nothing works , I'm thinking I should just RMA it ..

EDIT: I'll try to find a USB soundcard and see if it works or not ..