CMD not blocked

TheSven

So the computers at my school block YouTube and stuff and stop me going on the graphics control panel but they haven't stopped us using CMD. Thoughts on this?

For programming classes you need CMD.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

So the computers at my school block YouTube and stuff and stop me going on the graphics control panel but they haven't stopped us using CMD. Thoughts on this?

Ours are like that too! We actually have shortcuts in our student files.

im fairly sure they didnt disable CMD, but did disable the commands.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

yeah, i can get CMD up, but i cant put in commands, also our system 1/5 times will log me in as a standard user and give me the ability to mess with that stuff at will  :P

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

if you cant open cmd open a hirens boot cd and reset the registry files or just make a cmd.bat

also if you you go hirens make sure its not on the web when you do it else you may get busted

Project black out: cpu: athlon x4 750k @4.7ghz, Mobo: asrock fm2+ a55 vg3+, ram: 1x 8gb hyperx 1866mhz, video card: 1x saphire radeon r9 270x, Storage: 1tb hdd ssd in the future,  cooling: 2 noctua 120mm fans 1 on rad one front intake.

I can ping and stuff, although I'm a bit of a noob at software.

http://ss64.com/nt/

You'll be a pro in no time.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, i can get CMD up, but i cant put in commands, also our system 1/5 times will log me in as a standard user and give me the ability to mess with that stuff at will  :P

im fairly sure they didnt disable CMD, but did disable the commands.

I was on it today just to have a look around while doing a bit of HTML and I could open regedit.

I was on it today just to have a look around while doing a bit of HTML and I could open regedit.

Poor show. My school never had this problem. CMD and RegEdit would refuse to run, but you could use Adobe Bridge to poke around in the PCs HDD. They don't store much sensitive stuff there, but they do on network drives. I found you can sometimes get to network drives by making a shortcut to the drive letter. You can also get to the HDD from Hirens Boot CD, UBCD or a Linux LiveCD. I don't endorse this, it's just an example of a few things that are sometimes overlooked.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."