Whole room cooling Sugggestions

Nick.Fury

hello Linus

with the fact your planning an exterior of the house heat ex-changer. i would like to suggest that you forgo the radiator and fans in the eaves for a copper coil loop set in concrete set in the earth

effectively giving you a fan-less  earth sized heat sink .  

hello Linus

with the fact your planning an exterior of the house heat ex-changer. i would like to suggest that you forgo the radiator and fans in the eaves for a copper coil loop set in concrete set in the earth

effectively giving you a fan-less  earth sized heat sink .  

No planning going on, it's already done.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

its already been made, video is being edited and has been in editing for quite a while now, but its hours upon hours of content so it will probably take quite  a while more

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

not a bad idea but the amount of copper pipe in the ground for that many systems would likely be 100m+ and he dues not have the kind of room to lay it out

Forum Links - COC I FAQ I

Not forgetting to mention that this kind of pipe spooling under earth requires you to dig up a metric butt ton of earth in order to put the piping there...
But yeah, you have a potential great point, I will remember that in case I want to make a watercooling thingy for my offices, might be a great idea.
The only thing you should keep in mind is you should test at multiple times of the year what the heat dissipation is, and how the tubing/piping is affected by being burried...
Because if it the winter is means you get a 3kW cooling but in the summer only 0.5kW, it might give you some problems. Also, how do you manage the cooling if in the winter you are able to get you coolant to be sub 0, what happens with the condesnation, you can't deal with it the way Linus could by turning off fans on the rad, your only option would be to have two spools underground, one for winter, and another one for summer in order to cope with the temperature difference between summer and winter.

But yeah with a little science behind it, it could be the best option out there for silent PC cooling.

That French guy who lives in the Netherlands and speaks German.

Not forgetting to mention that this kind of pipe spooling under earth requires you to dig up a metric butt ton of earth in order to put the piping there...

But yeah, you have a potential great point, I will remember that in case I want to make a watercooling thingy for my offices, might be a great idea.

The only thing you should keep in mind is you should test at multiple times of the year what the heat dissipation is, and how the tubing/piping is affected by being burried...

Because if it the winter is means you get a 3kW cooling but in the summer only 0.5kW, it might give you some problems. Also, how do you manage the cooling if in the winter you are able to get you coolant to be sub 0, what happens with the condesnation, you can't deal with it the way Linus could by turning off fans on the rad, your only option would be to have two spools underground, one for winter, and another one for summer in order to cope with the temperature difference between summer and winter.

But yeah with a little science behind it, it could be the best option out there for silent PC cooling.

the demands on the pump might require a pond pump or multiple D5's  one push one pull 

there are places in the uk/europe that use the same technique for heating / cooling  houses. there has been a lot of research in to it you should be able to find documentation on the subject with ways of figuring out the details 

the demands on the pump might require a pond pump or multiple D5's  one push one pull 

there are specific pumps for this use case there alot more powerful than anything thats normally used in water cooling. they need to push water 100m or more 

also @Ghost might like this topic

not a bad idea but the amount of copper pipe in the ground for that many systems would likely be 100m+ and he dues not have the kind of room to lay it out

yes but coiled depending on diameter of piping were talking a 15 meter length of pit or perhaps less if some of it was in a concrete pillar

there are specific pumps for this use case there alot more powerful than anything thats normally used in water cooling. they need to push water 100m or more 

also @Ghost might like this topic

more powerful pumps may cause their own issues the concept needs research for sure keeping the diameter narrow would help reduce the mass of the water to be moved .

No planning going on, it's already done.

its already been made, video is being edited and has been in editing for quite a while now, but its hours upon hours of content so it will probably take quite  a while more

I don't think I've seen any kind of "series" on Linus' channel and I wish they could do one this time.

Instead of a 15~25min video, why not make 5, 6, 10 who knows how many videos of 6~10 minutes, releasing one every week?

If they have footage of the many stages and enough filming time, I would love to watch a "Whole room water cooled" series with up to 10 episodes. It works, creates hype and gives a lot more detail and information on what they did. Would you (ever) do something like this @LinusTech ?

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

more powerful pumps may cause their own issues the concept needs research for sure keeping the diameter narrow would help reduce the mass of the water to be moved .

Slick and Linus say they have made a modular system with quick releases allowing any system to be moved/removed using a dc5 in each machine with a little giant pump for global supply

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=little%20giant%20pumps

Nonsense, we need a jet engined powered room watercooler!

Actualy, 1 medium to largish propane tank submerged in a large amount if water, and a few submerged radiators would do it,just a have an arduino hooked up to power the engine on whenever the water is beginning to heat up and notify when the gas is out.