Does anyone know where I can get a G-Sync DIY module?

Schmo

I have an Asus VG248QE monitor and before they (Nvidia) stopped selling the DIY kits on nvidia.com they teased us folks in the UK/Europe with the idea that they would release them over here. It was supposedly a trial to see how well they'd take off with the consumers or something to that effect. 

Fast forward nearly a year later and there's now several pre-installed monitors with G-sync in them, no more DIY kits for sale on nvidia.com and the sites that offered an installations service (in the UK at least) no longer do. So my Asus VG248QE is starting to look like it's going to remain a non-G-Sync monitor moving forward.. which is a shame. Unless someone either sells their modded Asus VG248QE or someone can tell me where I can purchase the DIY kit from. 

Either of these two solutions is totally acceptable for me  :D

The only thing I don't want to do (before its suggested) is sell this monitor and buy another brand (or the Asus ROG monster). 

Any info is appreciated.

thanks

You used to be able to get them on Scan.co.uk

I'd drop them an email and see what their position is on selling them

Compatible with Windows 95

You used to be able to get them on Scan.co.uk

I'd drop them an email and see what their position is on selling them

Yeah, tried them. They told me to go to Asus.co.uk, who told me to go to Asus.com, who told me to go to nvidia.com. They then told me to go to the manufacturer......  <_<

Yeah, tried them. They told me to go to Asus.co.uk, who told me to go to Asus.com, who told me to go to nvidia.com. They then told me to go to the manufacturer......  <_<

Did you try calling, you tend to get more information in a call than an email?

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Did you try calling, you tend to get more information in a call than an email?

I could do, if only to hear where to get them from. But the guy on the forum even replied with the same information;

"We no longer obtain stock of the G-Sync module, we are unable offer a service to upgrade monitors, which customers already have bought."

I've currently got an open ticket with Asus Technical Support, but they've literally taken 10 days to follow up.. 

I could do, if only to hear where to get them from. But the guy on the forum even replied with the same information;

"We no longer obtain stock of the G-Sync module, we are unable offer a service to upgrade monitors, which customers already have bought."

I've currently got an open ticket with Asus Technical Support, but they've literally taken 10 days to follow up.. 

I mean it wouldn't be too surprising if they didn't, they only offered it while they had no displays on the market with a G-Sync module already in it so that they could get it into consumer/reviewer hands.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552