My First Build

AName2Remember

I want to get into pc gaming and my HP  Pavillion dv-6 notebook just ain't cutting it. I through this together over the past couple days and i'm not sure what kind of performance i'm going to get. Plus I want to try get my price down to $1,200 but I can't seem to shave the last $200 bucks :(

Advice, tips, critism, any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LcWFCJ

I would spend a little bit more on a mechanical keyboard, rather than $50 mush. :)

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

I would honestly recommend going for a cheaper mouse and keyboard, such as the Logitech G105 keyboard and the G400s or 100s mouse that I plan to get to save you a couple bucks.  You might also be able to shave about $10 off by getting an asus wireless adapter, I have a nice pcie one and no complaints.  I'm honestly not sure what else you could shave off...

Get a cheaper monitor, and keyboard/ mouse. Razer is infamous for overpricing and under qualitying.

Thats a word now btw.

I want to get into pc gaming and my HP  Pavillion dv-6 notebook just ain't cutting it. I through this together over the past couple days and i'm not sure what kind of performance i'm going to get. Plus I want to try get my price down to $1,200 but I can't seem to shave the last $200 bucks :(

Advice, tips, critism, any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LcWFCJ

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

• A single r9 280 isn't going to get 144 frames in most games/ a 60hz monitor will do just the trick ~$100 saved
  • There is cheaper memory/ Crucial Ballistix Sport ~$20 saved
  • Cheaper 128GB SSDs/Kingston V300 120GB SSD ~$5 saved
  • Cheaper 80+ Bronze 750 Watt PSU/ EVGA 750B2~$30 saved
  • You don't really NEED the 212 EVO/ Stock cooler ~$30 saved
  • $185 saved

@AName2Remember

@MattP123 thanks for the advice, I think i'm going to go with an Asus VJ238H, it's a little more pricy than the one you suggested but from reviews i've read it should be worth it! Also i'm ashamed to admit this, but I think i'm gonna torrent windows. I'm pretty much against piracy but I don't have the money to spend so hey, a mans gotta eat right?

Any tips for keyboard and mouse? Not sure i've made the right choice with those.

@MattP123 thanks for the advice, I think i'm going to go with an Asus VJ238H, it's a little more pricy than the one you suggested but from reviews i've read it should be worth it! Also i'm ashamed to admit this, but I think i'm gonna torrent windows. I'm pretty much against piracy but I don't have the money to spend so hey, a mans gotta eat right?

Any tips for keyboard and mouse? Not sure i've made the right choice with those.

I have a Razer Deathadder 2013. It is great and suggest you get it. It is also better and $5 cheaper than the one you have on your list. 

And people are just saying that keyboard is bad because it is not mechanical, but it is most likely a pretty good keyboard. 

@MattP123 I haven't looked much into keyboards, so forgive me if I sound stupid but, what's the benefit of having a mechanical keyboard over a non mechanical keyboard? Is it the time it takes a the keys to spring back up so they can be pressed again?

@MattP123 I haven't looked much into keyboards, so forgive me if I sound stupid but, what's the benefit of having a mechanical keyboard over a non mechanical keyboard? Is it the time it takes a the keys to spring back up so they can be pressed again?