Just bought ESO and it won't boot help please.

I/O

I got the Steam version of Elder Scrolls Online and I was wondering if anyone had the same problem as follows. When launching the game when I press play the game does not load. I verified the cache and reloaded the entire game but it still does not work. Does anyone know a fix ?

big mistake getting ESO, i played in the beta and for the first 10-20 hours it was decently fun, then got really shitty really fast.

unfortunately I do not know of a fix for this, have you tried contacting bethesda support?.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

big mistake getting ESO, i played in the beta and for the first 10-20 hours it was decently fun, then got really shitty really fast.

At leased 10 to 20hrs of fun for $30 is not a bad deal in my books. The main story line offers around 100hrs of game play so I don't know how it sucked after the time you played it when you are not even close to end game at that point ?

unfortunately I do not know of a fix for this, have you tried contacting bethesda support?.

No haven't contacted Bethesda yet. Hoping someone knows the fix though. Took me all day and night to DL the game.

At leased 10 to 20hrs of fun for $30 is not a bad deal in my books. The main story line offers around 100hrs of game play so I don't know how it sucked after the time you played it when you are not even close to end game at that point ?

No haven't contacted Bethesda yet. Hoping someone knows the fix though. Took me all day and night to DL the game.

It is nearly impossible to play the game with your friends because if you just do 1-2 quests that your friends have not done then you cannot see your friends even if they are standing in the exact same spot you are, not only that but you cannot explore the map more until you do certain quests, which I feel is exactly the opposite of what the past elderscrolls games have been like where you can go and explore pretty much where ever you want without even touching the quest line.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Well i fixed the problem. Just found a repair option on the launcher and it works now.

The problem is that it is very repetitive. If you want to quest your way through the veteran ranks, you have to play through the other factions' normal zones. It's not until you get to VR 10 that you get new content.

That said, I've actually felt that I want to try the game again, so maybe i subconsciously like it after all.

It is nearly impossible to play the game with your friends because if you just do 1-2 quests that your friends have not done then you cannot see your friends even if they are standing in the exact same spot you are, not only that but you cannot explore the map more until you do certain quests, which I feel is exactly the opposite of what the past elderscrolls games have been like where you can go and explore pretty much where ever you want without even touching the quest line.

I didn't notice that I couldn't freely explore the map when I played it. Can you give an example?

It is nearly impossible to play the game with your friends because if you just do 1-2 quests that your friends have not done then you cannot see your friends even if they are standing in the exact same spot you are,

Ahh i remember angry joe raging about that

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

I only have two friends and none of them game so .... There's that.

Ahh i remember angry joe raging about that

Hes kinda an ass clown IMHO.

Game is terribad, should of saved your cash.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

The problem is that it is very repetitive. If you want to quest your way through the veteran ranks, you have to play through the other factions' normal zones. It's not until you get to VR 10 that you get new content.

That said, I've actually felt that I want to try the game again, so maybe i subconsciously like it after all.

I didn't notice that I couldn't freely explore the map when I played it. Can you give an example?

I can't remember the specifics of it as it was all the way back somewhere around February when I played it.

Also not to mention that there are 3 different groups of 3 different races, and it is impossible for someone in one group to play with someone in another group. (except in PVP) which makes it a pain if say one of your friends wants to be a certain race in one group, but you want to be a different race that happens to be in a different group.

The problem is that it is very repetitive.

I like the grind and I embrace it. How many hrs I spent in WoW back in the day grinding meanwhile my Guild mates did not understand why I would turn down there handouts that they would try and give me. I actually played the game and earned my levels LOL.

I like the grind and I embrace it. How many hrs I spent in WoW back in the day grinding meanwhile my Guild mates did not understand why I would turn down there handouts that they would try and give me. I actually played the game and earned my levels LOL.

Just make sure that you have other weapons and gear ready for when you max out the level for your current equipment. It will bring some change to you combat and give you levels in other stuff if you want to change your role or style later on.

I can't remember the specifics of it as it was all the way back somewhere around February when I played it.

Also not to mention that there are 3 different groups of 3 different races, and it is impossible for someone in one group to play with someone in another group. (except in PVP) which makes it a pain if say one of your friends wants to be a certain race in one group, but you want to be a different race that happens to be in a different group.

Ok. I was just wondering, as I decided to skip ahead a bit on one character and become a vampire at a low level. I had to kite the enemies with a bow for about 10 minutes each, but I didn't find anyhting that stopped me from doing it. I don't remember anyhting from the beta though. This was when I played for about 2 months after the release.

Having bought the Imperial edition, I was actually able to freely combine race and faction.

Sorry for not putting this in my previous post, but I couldn't figure out how to quote while editing, but still keep what was in the post originally.