Looking for a second(ary) monitor

Ningeal

Hey y'all,

I am currently using a benq Xl2420T and want to upgrade my setup with a second(ary) monitor used primarily for stuff besides gaming (like having spotify or facebook next to the main display while gaming).

I am very into the Dell Ultrasharps but I can't seem to make a decision but perhaps you have some other suggestions.

I want a 24" IPS display that can be mounted to an ergotron, i.e. with a vesa mount like my XL2420T.

Edit: My budget is 250 - 300 EURO

Thanks!

budget ?

Oh right, my bad. I knew I forgot something.

250-300 EURO

Hey y'all,

I am currently using a benq Xl2420T and want to upgrade my setup with a second(ary) monitor used primarily for stuff besides gaming (like having spotify or facebook next to the main display while gaming).

I am very into the Dell Ultrasharps but I can't seem to make a decision but perhaps you have some other suggestions.

I want a 24" IPS display that can be mounted to an ergotron, i.e. with a vesa mount like my XL2420T.

Thanks!

What would be your uses besides what you've already mentioned? Do you do any sort of video or photo editing of any kind. I don't normally recommend people to buy TN monitors but in your case having a similar monitor to what you've already got will look aesthetically better and they'll be virtually no inconsistency in colours if you did buy a second identical monitor to what you have. It's totally up to you though and I'll do my best to find you something suitable. Just something to think about. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I would go with the P2414h. It is pretty much the same as the u2414h but it is less expensive, and a little worse for gaming. But, since it is for a secondary monitor, it should be fine.

What would be your uses besides what you've already mentioned? Do you do any sort of video or photo editing of any kind. I don't normally recommend people to buy TN monitors but in your case having a similar monitor to what you've already got will look aesthetically better and they'll be virtually no inconsistency in colours if you did buy a second identical monitor to what you have. It's totally up to you though and I'll do my best to find you something suitable. Just something to think about. ;)

Thanks for the suggestion, I usually prioritize aesthetics over anythng and would usually have gone with a second XL2420T as well but I somehow want an IPS as a secondary montior. :) Also, I don't usually do photo / video work, but I might occasionally.

I would go with the P2414h. It is pretty much the same as the u2414h but it is less expensive, and a little worse for gaming. But, since it is for a secondary monitor, it should be fine.

It would only be 2 EURO cheaper, I also like the smaller bezels of the U2414H more. Thanks for the suggestion, though. :)

Thanks for the suggestion, I usually prioritize aesthetics over anythng and would usually have gone with a second XL2420T as well but I somehow want an IPS as a secondary montior. :) Also, I don't usually do photo / video work, but I might occasionally.

Okay, fair enough. I shall have look and see what I can find for you.

If you dont mind glossy panels, the S2440l is an excellent choice. :)

That one uses a VA panel, he want an IPS monitor. ;)

That one uses a VA panel, he want an IPS monitor. ;)

That particular VA panel probably looks better than a IPS panel. But of he is viewing it from the side, no.

If you dont mind glossy panels, the S2440l is an excellent choice. :)

Eventhough it seems like I am rejecting everything you suggest, I am grateful for your help. :)

No, glossy is a no-go. And (I might be wrong) from the pcitures I have seen, it doesn't seem to be vesa compatible.

Eventhough it seems like I am rejecting everything you suggest, I am grateful for your help. :)

No, glossy is a no-go. And (I might be wrong) from the pcitures I have seen, it doesn't seem to be vesa compatible.

Asus VN248H-P?