Why the nicknames?

MsTrMind
Go to solution Solved by Bradleywh,

Maybe they just don't want it to be in the public domain. The internet can be a hurtful place at times ........

Why is slick slick, why is dezel dezel and b-roll b-roll?

Proud to be from Belgium.

Why not?

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

I think Its to protect their identities. Look what happened when people found Linus's phone number on Craigs list. ( dont know how to spell in im from the UK : ) Also they wont get random people following them on Facebook.

It sounds awesome! Who wouldn't want an awesome nickname like Slick?

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Slick is called Slick because he had an oil cooled PC and he mentioned it on his application for the job as Linus's cameraman. 

I know where the names came from, but I bet I can give you their names within 2 minutes of googling ...

Proud to be from Belgium.

Maybe they just don't want it to be in the public domain. The internet can be a hurtful place at times ........

who knows. Linus could be Bernard in real life.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I love nicknames, handles, pseudonyms, etc.  It was public privacy in a world where you wanted to not worry about every word you said.  Of course it don't work for celebrities.

Facebook started to destroy privacy, now Google trying to convert people to real names on You Tube.

They say,  worry about identity theft, but they want you to put your real credentials out in cyberspace.  I thought it was funny when companies like Blizzard switched to emails as usernames.  Usernames much more secure, since they don't have to linked to the user at all.

I think Its to protect their identities. Look what happened when people found Linus's phone number on Craigs list. ( dont know how to spell in im from the UK : ) Also they wont get random people following them on Facebook.

Slick's irl name has already been leaked, it was on his login to his laptop in a video iirc.

Let's keep to their nicknames, no need to know their real names - and if you do know them, keep them to yourself :).

Locked.