CS:GO Connection Troubles

MooseWeener

Okay, I'm not going to sit here and complain. Aside from that, I will say that the 3 games I played tonight, for the first 5 rounds everyone was at 250+ ping. Then, it would settle down to normal pings later on.

What I really need help with, is any advice and tips you can give to a guy that plays with a terrible connection (me). http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3790201792

In normal games, I get a average of 80 ping. Although, I get 73 in a speedtest to my ISP so I think that's pretty fair on my end. Anyways, the real problem is the rubber banding... I get constant rubber banding (pulling you back where you came from) when playing at normal 80 ping... No FPS drops, no red text on the net_graph... I just simply rubber band for no reason. It's definitely not performance because people spectating me see it. I usually get 200 FPS plus on any map, I'll get like 120 when looking at a smoke.

I will try to do something on my raw connections end. They had to lower my connection by 5 Mbps, otherwise my internet would go out for 30 minutes at a time once an'hour. So I'm hoping I can get a tiny boost without making it unstable but we'll have to see. In the mean time I would love to get any tips or tricks for connection gain, or reduced interruptions.

Thanks for your time,

-Moose. 

Since ping is calculated by distance between you and server, your best option is to play on servers close to you. I think CSGO matchmaking has setting for suitable regions. Your ping inside region should stay under 100ms. There are times when other players with bad connection make whole server lag.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv