First build, could use some tips

Flipppo

So yeah, thinking about building my own pc for a while now.
I think i have all the parts sorted out but i really like for you guys to give me some tips, thought & improvements (or downgrades :P)

updated rig -

Case. NZXT H440 black €105.44 @ azerty   
Motherboard. MSI Z97 GAMING 7 €152.80 @ azerty
Cpu. Intel Core i7 4770k €290.99 @ azerty
Cpu cooler Corsair Hydro H100i €104.89 @ azerty 
Graphics card. MSI GeForce GTX 970 GAMING 4G €354.89 @ azerty
Ram. G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL €82.67 @ azerty
Power. Seasonic G-Serie 550 Watt €84.95 @ azerty
HDD. Seagate Barracuda STBD3000200, 3TB €114.90 @ azerty
SSD. Crucial MX100 256GB €96.50 @ azerty
Fans. Cooler Master Jetflo red led, 120mm €15.49 @ azerty a piece.  

Total cost €1434.50

I already have an optical drive and 2 500gb seagate barracudes laying around, if its possible i would really like to build those in too.

so please release your thought on this :)

- edit.

I plan to use it for gaming, content creation (adobe ps, after effects etc.) game streaming and general usage (workstuff)

this rig is slightly over my budget, i would rather have it 200-300€ cheaper with as little loss as possible

I live in the netherlands, europe. so i can get most/all parts from retailers around here. 

Edited by Flipppo

Planned usage?

Budget?

Location?

(Just a few things to help with suggestions)

also @Flipppo follow your threads so you know when people reply.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Oh Hello there, i stumbled upon this post :P, and i decided to tip you out then. So for starting id say probably if you are one of the needing to have the latest and shiniest parts then wouldnt you consider the I7-4790K and Corsair H105I? As far as your computer goes im pretty sure you have a really solid performance-price ratio over there and defenetly a good amount of cash you save from your options  :P . Well if you'd like personal preferences id say you could try to go a little higher on the Solid state drive for better (Performance and Warranty) choosing the 850 Pro 256 Gb which i believe is +60$ and the hard drive if you believe 3 tb is needed you could try to lower to 2 tb (5400 Rpm maybe for lower noise and energy saving) and get an 1Tb external drive for images,media,portable software and etc. As far as the rest goes im sure youll have a good computer. You should highly consider a Universal Protection Station (I prefer Eaton) for lighting storm protection and even energy saving + more inputs. As far as peripherals if you dont have already considering Steelseries would be a great idea but that you must know already. Well good luck.

Groomlake Authority

i have a 1tb extrenal drive that i use for general back up. 

i also have a protected outlet that is currently hooked up with my old old old acer rig. 

as far as peripherals goes, i havn't really thought about those yet, first i wanted to get a build a good rig and save up for some great stuff. i still have some stock keyboards and mice around in my room so that won't be a problem. but i was thinking that some of my picks are a little overkill ... 

The H100i is not compatible with the 230T case. I would suggest going with a good but reasonably inexpensive cpu cooler like the Hyper 212 EVO. Presuming the 2x500GB hdd are SATA they can be used in the build. In fact you can start with them and add more hdd later should it prove necessary. A 550W psu is more than sufficient for a GTX 970.

I have used de.pcpartpicker.com which should come close to local pricing and availability.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€306.26 @ Home of Hardware DE)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (€32.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€128.89 @ Home of Hardware DE)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (€74.97 @ Hardwareversand)
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€90.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card  (€435.52)
Case: Corsair Graphite Series 230T Black ATX Mid Tower Case  (€75.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€91.21 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €1235.74
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-26 22:33 CEST+0200

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

@brob actually i really like the water cooling for the cpu, as i like to overclock it a little and i really like the look of it.

after closer inspection on the case i noticed that i'm a compleet fool and that there's no space to put the double fan radiator in the case. 

any idea for a differend case? (also black/red theme) 

i also noticed you went with a differend ssd why so? 

i noticed i have access to alot more parts then people in germany do? its only like 150km from where i live, but i have access to almost every part there is here.. strange..

Edited by Flipppo

@brob actually i really like the water cooling for the cpu, as i like to overclock it a little and i really like the look of it.

after closer inspection on the case i noticed that i'm a compleet fool and that there's no space to put the double fan radiator in the case. 

any idea for a differend case? (also black/red theme) 

i also noticed you went with a differend ssd why so? 

i noticed i have access to alot more parts then people in germany do? its only like 150km from where i live, but i have access to almost every part there is here.. strange..

The de.pcpartpicker site is rather restrictive. I expect that Germans have access to pretty much everything anyone else does. The reason I use it is mostly for the pricing as US prices are very different.

The ssd I picked is good but newer & slightly less expensive than the 840 EVO.

If the budget permits you could look at something like the Nzxt H440. Or you could switch the H100i for an H80i. You will still get decent cooling and overclocking.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

The de.pcpartpicker site is rather restrictive. I expect that Germans have access to pretty much everything anyone else does. The reason I use it is mostly for the pricing as US prices are very different.

The ssd I picked is good but newer & slightly less expensive than the 840 EVO.

If the budget permits you could look at something like the Nzxt H440. Or you could switch the H100i for an H80i. You will still get decent cooling and overclocking.

That Nzxt h440 is brutal!  switching the corsair for that case. i really like it. plus it fits all my components :D

ill stick with the h100i because i dont trust 1 fan on a thick radiator for cooling a overclocked 4770k.

Also the crucial sdd is like €30 cheaper then the samsung one. as i don't see any differences between those two ill think ill stick with the crucial. it won't be visible anyways. 

Thanks a bunch for the help. 

- the overal color scheme for the pc is a black/red. so everything fits neatly

I'd probably keep things about the same, only  I'd get a 4790k processor instead of the 4770k. They're normally about 5$ more and they offer better performance than the 4770k....