2014:A Bad Computer Odyssey

VerticalDiscussions
[This if my first topic and i was unable to find a better fitting topic to post this than general discussion and therefore if im supose to place it somewhere else id like to know, thank you for anything] :)

First id like to say how my pc is currently:

Chassis:Corsair C70 Vengeance Gun M.Black.

Processor:Intel Core I5-4670 3.40Ghz-3.80Ghz.

Watercooler:Corsair Hydro Series H60.

Graphics Card:Evga Geforce Gtx 770 SC/ACX.

Motherboard:Asus Z87 Deluxe /Wifi.

Storage SSD:Corsair Force Gs 128Gb. 

Storage HDD:Western Digital Caviar Green 1Tb.

RAM Memory:G.Skill Ripjawz 32Gb DDR3 1600 Mhz.

Media Players:Lg Dvd+/Rw 24X SuperMulti Securdisc.

Speakers:Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Columns.

Power Supply:Corsair AX860I Digital ATX.

Monitor:Asus MX239H Full HD IPS LED.

Universal P.Station:Eaton 650Va USB/DIN.

Mouse Carpets:Ozone Ground Level Mid+SteelSeries Qck Mass.

Keyboard and Mouse:SteelSeries APEX + Gygabite M6900.

So as i arrived the store on 29/6/2013 i was gleamed with happiness to see i finally got my 2nd pc in life! After having upgraded my old laptop with an ssd+memory and they did it for so cheap while giving an "Intenso" 1tb External Drive and lending a windows 7 copy+formatting and cleaning for free i was delighted with theyr service. So i decided if i was to buy a pc it had to be there. And after planning,reading reviews,needs,specs saw this was great! And so it began the waiting..... When it finally arrived and i took home and set it all up it stayed quite well during school vacation but as it was ending... i started to see the problems after returning to school!

1-The most obvious and horrible problems i had was that 1Life brand named keyboard and mouse which i had to replace twice the mouse and once the keyboard... which got ruined in 3-5 months of use (Including the replacements which in that period were replaced) and i guess thats what happens when you buy super cheap bad gear! So i said to myself that 3rd time was enough and turned over to well-known brands hoping it was the answer. And so i must say that they were 10 times more better looking and effecient than the Life whatevever robbery.

2-In the meantime the Rams i bought inittialy were also turning defectuous -.- {BSOD ruled that week}. So i concluded no turn around and the retailer gave me 2 sticks of Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb (2x8Gb) instead of the previously G.Skill (4x8Gb). It was only temporary until i had gotten another 2 of those Corsair Modules i ordered... But they got mistaken and brought in a 2nd Package of the same 32Gb G.Skill ram :(. I wasnt gonna wait one more month so i decided to stick with em and they remained reliable so far. I guess even trustworthy brands have theyr upsides and downs, yet only time will say.

3-Initially the Operating system i had was Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit which was a copy... poorly cloned making the dvd useless making me format my computer (6 times) because of the issues it brought on me... so i was forced in christmas to buy windows 8.1 64Bit and so 100€ went down the drain.But with a pc this expensive i guess original things are totally needed for satisfaction.

4-The Motherboard Battery was running low on power and so i had to replace it with a new one,which altough not hard or painful to do but defenetly annoying for having just purchased that motherboard new :/.

5-The Screen Asus MX239H stayed with burnt bulbs nearly 1 year after purchase and so after returning it to the store they said a fix was necessary... yet they took 2 weeks to ultimately send a new one instead of fixing... which made me feel better and bad for having waited with a half as good screen before from Benq.

6-And the ones who proved to be really pathetic were the speakers Z506 which had a bunch of messed up color wires thefore making the retailer and his other 2 brothers to do house service and yet they couldnt fix the problem knowing it was a wire turning the sound really low and muffled. They even tested in the store for 2 days and they didnt figure out the problem was in the wires. So after a bad time with Logitech Customer Service i had to give personal details which the store took care off and a hard bargaining i was able to get  it transported to my house by a transporter in christmas :P, at least these came well packaged and working... but the power button was sorta of stuck, having to apply pressure to it innitially. Now after so many usage its right.

:mellow: I know it wasnt the worst case nor ever will be but in a period of 5 months i suffered a lot of rides back to that store 50km away from my house making my dad waste our cars diesel. And thats it for my Computer Odyssey :T. So if you have something to share with me and i guess the community it would be great. Thanks for reading and reply about your opinions of my battle :I. Also if possible tell me if :ph34r: 2300€ (22% Value Added Tax :blink: ) was well paid for this because i always think it wasnt :(

Groomlake Authority

That's some bad luck mate :(
I feel sorry for you now. I've had my fair share but nothing as extreme as this. The motherboard battery is an easy and fast swap, it happens more often than you think. :)
And the keyboard and mouse, that's a whole different story, I have some of my close to 10 year old keyboards working perfectly fine and the new ones I bought die withing 2 years (branded), I guess it depends on personal use and abuse! :)

And welcome to LTT! Hope you like it here! :)

Thanks for replying, i guess now i understand some people have better luck than others but its just a downside of buying a computer :D.

Groomlake Authority

:o My god i would have given up on PCs if this happened to me :wacko: 

:o 22% VAT  :o  :(

Either the store you purchase from has extremely poor quality products or the forces that be do not want you to have a PC.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.