harshit singh

I have an old PC

Intel core 2 duo e7400 overclocked 3.2ghz

3gb ram ddr2 450mhz

250 w power supply

A u35 chipset mobo

320 gig HDD 5200 rpm

A 1336*768 monitor

I was wondering if 7770 would work fine or not?

Will there be any bootlenecks

Its not ideal but will work, what you thinking of playing?

I ran a HD 6870 on a e2160 + 2gb ddr2 for a while, played borderlands 2 and red alert 3 just fine, struggled with far cry 3 but was 'playable' at 1080p around 30fps, not what i would accept now though

It will hold it back, its hard to put a number on it. it depends on the game, gpu heavy stuff with no physics and not reliant on multi core you will probably have a reasonable experience. Like i said my system was weaker than yours and i found the games very nice at 1080p, i was amazed how well borderlands 2 ran.

If its your only option for now go for it, depends on games though, it will bottleneck yes but doesn't mean its not playable

watchdogs............hmm probably forget it, I dont have experience of it but I heard its badly optimized and runs like pants on decent rigs. Someone else can help me here but I believe its not great on amd gpu's?

Should I seetle for r7 250 instead or stick to it because price to performance ratio of this card is better?

Should I seetle for r7 250 instead or stick to it because price to performance ratio of this card is better?

250 is very weak, go for the 7770, if worst comes to worst and watchdogs is completely unplayable you can always flog it on. Is there any chance of updating the whole rig in the future?

250 vs 7770

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1079?vs=1124

Id try to save your money and make a full upgrade CPU, MOBO, RAM, GPU id just save up.

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

Sorry no chance of upgrading the whole rig.I live in India and here a pc runs in a family for 10 years at least before any upgrades and mine is only 5 years old

apologies, overlooked your psu

yes thats gonna be a problem

your gonna want a reasonable 450w

My PSU does not have any indications for wattage but I have:

4 pin cpu

24 pin mono

2x(molex+data+floppy)

Out of which 1 molex+sata+floppy is free and from the other only sata is occupied....

Still need to get a new supply?

is it not 250 watt?

look at the specs which will be on its label and get the 12v+ amp rating

but if its 250w its gonna be no good, you dont need anything fancy just a reasonable 450w, try get one with a 6 pin plug but you can get away with using a 500w psu without them and use an adaptor. Thats if you are shopping the used market and need something cheap.

My friend ran a 7870 fine on a psu with no dedicated 6 pin and used the adaptor that came with the GPU, but this is last resort, not ideal.