choosing a 4K TV

Gmodjackass
Go to solution Solved by ImBleu,

Realistically the flat one. Curved one is nicer if its only really you and if your sofa is near enough to the TV. Curved TVs are also an amazing conversation starter :).

Watch Linus's review of the Curved LG 21:9 monitor because he shows you a drawback of curved TVs/Monitors for watching movies (the image is only really best dead-on so be prepared for everyone's head to be next to yours so they can see the picture nicely.

the *only* options are the two samsung models:

55hu7200

and the

55hu7000

the 7200 is curved and the 7000 is regular, which would be best for living room use (movies and TV)?

also, if you could tell me what is the panel type (PLS is my guess), what is the refresh rate and what are the inputs (it doesn't state what HDMI it has)

my understanding was that the curve benifits only if you are sitting in the sweet spot in front of the tv and in any other place it would look worse that a flat tv.

The flat one is more practical

Realistically the flat one. Curved one is nicer if its only really you and if your sofa is near enough to the TV. Curved TVs are also an amazing conversation starter :).

Watch Linus's review of the Curved LG 21:9 monitor because he shows you a drawback of curved TVs/Monitors for watching movies (the image is only really best dead-on so be prepared for everyone's head to be next to yours so they can see the picture nicely.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.