Windows 8 Review

Kilmer02

So i've decided to do a video Windows 8 review and I thought that I should ask you guys what you'd like to see me touch on during the review. If you are a win7 user and are worried about switching for a particular reason, post that reason here and i'll see if I can address that!

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

what you'd like to see me touch on during the review
I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

funnybutspam.jpg

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

funnybutspam.jpg

Ah don't get your tiles in a bunch!

OT: Address the issue that the Metro UI and Desktop UI cannot converse with each other. So if I have music on my Desktop, Metro cannot see it and I will have to make copies of it just to use it on both UI's.

I know xD

I wanted to use the stick figure one, but I couldn't find a reasonably sized one that also had the text.

What I would like to know :

Is it mouse user friendly ? cause I dont see how you can easily play around a os that was meant for a touch screen.

Aswell is there any program incompability ? ( overall ofc , would take if I would ask a detailed list )

Hope it will give you some subject , good luck with your video !

What I would like to know : Is it mouse user friendly ? cause I dont see how you can easily play around a os that was meant for a touch screen. Aswell is there any program incompability ? ( overall ofc ' date=' would take if I would ask a detailed list ) Hope it will give you some subject , good luck with your video ! [/quote']

I can tell you right now that it is very mouse user friendly. The only thing you'll really need to use on a keyboard is your windows button. As for your other question i'll leave that to the video.

I have both (Windows 8 on Gaming PC Windows 7 on Parents PC) and Lion ( On a video and photo editing laptop), its really not that bad. Yes its different but their is nothing wrong with it. I think it works well with the mouse and in that way its sort of like the Apple Macbook OSs that have a lot of mouse and finger gestures. The file system is a little different but not super different. I might be the only one, but I actually like the start menu. What microsoft should have done was make the start menu default for tablets and the desktop default for PCs. I think the main things you should touch on are that its not as different as people say it is...

Asus Sabertooth Z77, Intel 3770K 4.6GHz @ 1.33V, EVGA GTX670, Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM, and Corsair 800D

funnybutspam.jpg

Ah don't get your tiles in a bunch!

OT: Address the issue that the Metro UI and Desktop UI cannot converse with each other. So if I have music on my Desktop, Metro cannot see it and I will have to make copies of it just to use it on both UI's.

"Ah don't get your tiles in a bunch!"

AHHHH THE PUN

funnybutspam.jpg

funnyandtotallynotspam.gif

As a gamer should I wait a little while before upgrading to Windows 8 or should I just do it now? I was curious about bugs and what not or if it is even worth it.

I'm going to address all of these things as much as I can. Although it is hard to not give you an answer right now Space.

Maybe show off some ways to manage running multiple applications? I don't see that very often in Windows 8 reviews/overviews and I would really like to see if it's worth upgrading since I'm a Windows 7 power user. :)

No bugs at all with Steam or Orgin. Most mainstream games will run fine. I would upgrade now. I use it on my gaming rig. Ram its very easy to switch apps. Just move your cursor into the right corner and it shows all apps that are open.

Asus Sabertooth Z77, Intel 3770K 4.6GHz @ 1.33V, EVGA GTX670, Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM, and Corsair 800D

Windows 8 is great. It just had a REALLY bad launch.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

My friend had some serious driver issues with Windows 8. He was using a laptop and this was the RC though... so... yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaa...

How is the compatibility with peripherals and video cards and all that jazz?

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Ram its very easy to switch apps. Just move your cursor into the right corner and it shows all apps that are open.

Just want to clarify, I assume by right you mean correct corner, as it should be the top-left corner/left-edge to engage the app-switching panel. Keep in mind that's only for the new Windows 8 Fullscreen/Metro-style apps, one of which is the classic desktop. For the old-style Windows Application (which is 99% of the stuff you'll be using), you can just use the taskbar as per normal.

Obsidian

• AMD Phenom II X4 @ 3.8GHz, NB @ 2.6
  • AMD Radeon 6970 1GB (modded 6950)
  • 120GB SSD - OS/Apps
  • RAID0 2x1TB HDDs - Games
  • Catleap 27" 2560x1440 IPS Screen
  • Razer DeathAdder & BlackWidow
  • Audio-Technica AD700s

Guys I'd like to ask that you not answer questions here, thats why I'm making a video... XD

I like 8 lol with linus telling us about the start bar download im good lol