Graphics Card or PSU Problem?

Go to solution Solved by DIV1D3,

Never even heard of that PSU brand, and I'd try and get a better quality one ASAP, but it sounds as if it's the GPU drivers. 

Completely uninstall CCC and get Driver Sweeper and CCleaner (normal system and registry scans) to get rid of any remaining nasties that are left hanging. 

The be sure to get the latest, stable drivers for your GPU, and also make sure that any OCs are turned off. 

Edit:

My 2,500th post, proud moment :')

Hi, I am currently having a problem with my system, I'm using an HD 5870 (OLD :( ) and a AcBel CE2 500 PSU. The problem is my system hangs, displays goes black, and the GPU Fans started spinning at 100%. When I remove the Graphics Card, and just use my IGP the problem isn't occurring.

I tested the 2 6Pin PCI-e Cable using a multimeter, and while the card is inserted. 

System is Working (Display is ON, Everything is functional)

- PCI-e Cable # 1 - 11.57V

- PCI-e Cable # 2 - 10.8 V

System is unresponsive (Problem Occured, No Display, Fans at 100%)

- PCI-e Cable # 1 - 11.73V

- PCI-e Cable # 2 - 11.72V

Below is my PSU Specs:

1zmkw7r.jpg

and Here is my System Specs:

CPU: i3 2120 @ 3.3GHz

GPU: HD 5870 1GB GDDR5

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-B75M-HD3

RAM: 4 GB Kingston LP 1333MHz DDR3

PSU: Acbel CE2 500

HDD: 1x 500GB WD Caviar Blue

Cooler: Corsair H60

Fans: 4x 120mm Fractal Fans

Do you think it is a PSU or a GPU problem? BTW, I'm planning to upgrade but not so soon. That's why I wanna pinpoint the cause :P

Thank You! 

"Cough, Cough, Cough"

Never even heard of that PSU brand, and I'd try and get a better quality one ASAP, but it sounds as if it's the GPU drivers. 

Completely uninstall CCC and get Driver Sweeper and CCleaner (normal system and registry scans) to get rid of any remaining nasties that are left hanging. 

The be sure to get the latest, stable drivers for your GPU, and also make sure that any OCs are turned off. 

Edit:

My 2,500th post, proud moment :')

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

No OC, and this also happens even without drivers installed. My PSU gets warm too even without having too much load. >_<

"Cough, Cough, Cough"

+1 for getting a better quality PSU asap. As your 5870 has been around a while im guessing its been well used? It sounds kind of like how last gen xbox's got the rrod. Too much heat causes the pcb to bend and flex which causes damage resulting in a hardware failure. The Xbox or PS3 would hang and then give a black screen and ramp up the fans sometimes.

Its just an idea but this kind of thing could have happend to your 5870 with too much heat being given off by your PSU.......maybe.

No OC, and this also happens even without drivers installed. My PSU gets warm too even without having too much load. >_<

As I said in my previous post, get a new PSU ASAP.

I'm not quite sure what the problem is, though it's most likely being cased by the GPU, either software or hardware wise. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Well, I'm not sure but from what you say I think it's the GPU. Sounds like it almost gave up on life. Maybe someone around you has a GPU with the same power usage that you can test to see if it's the GPU?

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

• 2 weeks later...

My issue has been resolved. I've replaced my PSU with a Seasonic G550. Thanks everyone for the feedbacks. :)

"Cough, Cough, Cough"