Is my pump good enough

hey guys (and girls) just wanted to know if any of you know if my pump can handle my planned upgrade

water cooling bits:

1x240 Rad

1xCpu block

1xGpu block (680)

1xpump res combo (EK - DCP 2.2 X-RES Reservoir Combo)

my planned upgrade: 

2x Ram blocks 

1xslim 240

so my question is if my pump (EK DCP 2.2) can handle that big a loop.

i'm on a tight budget so please don't go "You have to have the Blahblahblah cause it's super awesome and everybody should have it cause it's so cool" it's a can I run it with this pump or do I have to buy a new one :)

(sorry for my english) 

-Alex

You have to have the Blahblahblah cause it's super awesome and everybody should have it cause it's so cool

I think the pump can work. If you can afford the D5 pump though, it's much better, NOT SAYING that you have to have it because it's super awesome and everybody should have it cause it's so hot.

It can handle it, but save up a bit longer for a D5/DDC if you can. Mostly for the reliability you get with it.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

If you are on a tight budget, I would not buy the ram blocks. If you going to do any massive RAM overclocking then I get it otherwise I would say is waste of money you could use on any other HW, maybe towards that D5 :) 

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

any of you know if my pump can handle my planned upgrade

water cooling bits:

1xCpu block

1xGpu block (680)

1xpump res combo (EK - DCP 2.2 X-RES Reservoir Combo)

my planned upgrade: 

2x Ram blocks 

so my question is if my pump (EK DCP 2.2) can handle that big a loop.

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

that pump will be fine for the 2 water block usage, but i wouldn't put another

waterblock on that system with that pump. the RAM blocks might be an issue,

but they are mainly for decoration, any way.

the RAM blocks might be an issue,

I would have thought the ram blocks (along with vrm blocks) aren't very restrictive. They are mostly just wide channels going through the block. It adds more length and bends to the loop but by no means should it slow down the flow considerably. I would be more worried about the extra rad (although that is also not very restrictive).

db_file_img_5783_800xauto.jpg

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I wont go with a ram block, save that money and get a D5 pump for reliability and if you get the variable speed one you get a close to silent build as well.

Corsair 750D | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 9590 | Kingston HyperX 16GB@1866MHz | MSI R9 290X Lightning | Seasonic 1050W Platinum | 2x WD 3TB Green HDD | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD | Crucial 512GB SSD 

Alphacool XT45 360mm | Alphacool Monsta 280mm | Silverstone AP121 | Silverstone AP141 | EK Supremacy Elite | EK ASUS C5F-Z | EK R9-290X Lightning | EK 3/8-1/2 Nickel | XSPC D5 Acrylic Tank | Primochill 3/8-1/2 

If you are on a tight budget, I would not buy the ram blocks. If you going to do any massive RAM overclocking then I get it otherwise I would say is waste of money you could use on any other HW, maybe towards that D5 :) 

I had the ram blocks laying around  ;)  so they are more for decoration  :)

Oh, okay. That makes sense :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

let me see if i understand ? function first ? performance primary ? ebay the ram blocks to boost your budget to get the d5. added bonus you simplify the loop

Here's a test you can try out, take your hand and pump it till some liquid COMES out if it take more than 8 mins pump not good

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a test you can try out, take your hand and pump it till some liquid goo cums out if it take more than 8 mins your pump getting old and one arm is getting bigger

huhuhahah he said pump