How to correct Multi-Display setup with different pixel densities?

JMaio

Hi!

I am currently running Windows 7 Ultimate on a 15" (1600x900) laptop, with an external display on the side (1920x1080).

The problem I am having, however, is, since the displays have a different pixel density, windows don't scale properly to the screen. Is there a way to fix this? A piece of software, a setting in the nvidia control panel, etc...

Attached are both my virtual configuration:

post-10922-0-64416800-1370096595_thumb.p

as well as my physical one, with a window to demonstrate the distortion that occurs:

post-10922-0-77837200-1370096624_thumb.j

Thanks,

-JMaio

• 3 months later...

Hmmmm, the best you're gonna get is scaling them manually through windows generic resolution settings by dragging the monitor you want to change in the monitor window (just literally drag either display 1 or 2 around to match up whatever seems right to you). Having not only two different monitor sizes but different resolutions is going to render it pretty much impossible to look natural. But why would you care anyways? It's not like you're gonna have a window (or anything) in the middle of the bezel of both screens. You're going to put anything either on one screen or another. Don't get me wrong here though, having an auxiliary display on a laptop is great and you're most likely going to use it for watching videos, reading, or working on a bigger, more convenient, display.

Hope this helped.

If you love what you do, it's not work.