Ddc pump limit?

claytonno

HI I have a question regarding the limit of a mcp355 pump. I have a 900d with 2 rx480 radiators 1 alphacool st30 360 radiator and a st30 240 radiator for a total of 4 radiators or 1560 rad space, I have 2 290xs in the loop and 4770k CPU, 7 90 degree fittings, 3 90 degree elbows, 2 45 degree fittings and 2 30 degree fittings, the rest are straight. Do you guys think a single Ddc will be able to handle this entire loop? Or should I put a d5 along with it in series?

A ddc might be able to do it, but the D5 will do it and quietly if you get the variable speed one. Plus the D5 doesn't put out anywhere near as much heat as the DDC. I always go with a D5.

Corsair 750D | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 9590 | Kingston HyperX 16GB@1866MHz | MSI R9 290X Lightning | Seasonic 1050W Platinum | 2x WD 3TB Green HDD | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD | Crucial 512GB SSD 

Alphacool XT45 360mm | Alphacool Monsta 280mm | Silverstone AP121 | Silverstone AP141 | EK Supremacy Elite | EK ASUS C5F-Z | EK R9-290X Lightning | EK 3/8-1/2 Nickel | XSPC D5 Acrylic Tank | Primochill 3/8-1/2 

A ddc might be able to do it, but the D5 will do it and quietly if you get the variable speed one. Plus the D5 doesn't put out anywhere near as much heat as the DDC. I always go with a D5.

you think a single d5 alone will handle the entire loop? If so at what speed(vario) Or do you mean in series alongside the Ddc?

I wouldnt put the ddc and d5 in the same loop because the flow rates cant be matched between them, if you do the d5 may pull pressure through the ddc pump shortening its lifespan. The rads that you have listed are low restriction so the pump wont have to work that hard to push the fluid around. A single d5 should be fine for this system. If you want to add another d5 later you can.

The speed for the pump should be 2-4 but that will depend on your temps, you can try the speed on 1 and if your not happy with the temps your getting try a faster speed. With that said though, increasing the pump speed wont give you insanely better temps but you have a lot or rads so your temps may vary between speed changes. Sounds like your gpu and cpu will be pretty cool with the amount of rads you have.

The temps will also be reliant on the speed of your fans as well.

Corsair 750D | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 9590 | Kingston HyperX 16GB@1866MHz | MSI R9 290X Lightning | Seasonic 1050W Platinum | 2x WD 3TB Green HDD | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD | Crucial 512GB SSD 

Alphacool XT45 360mm | Alphacool Monsta 280mm | Silverstone AP121 | Silverstone AP141 | EK Supremacy Elite | EK ASUS C5F-Z | EK R9-290X Lightning | EK 3/8-1/2 Nickel | XSPC D5 Acrylic Tank | Primochill 3/8-1/2 

I wouldnt put the ddc and d5 in the same loop because the flow rates cant be matched between them, if you do the d5 may pull pressure through the ddc pump shortening its lifespan. The rads that you have listed are low restriction so the pump wont have to work that hard to push the fluid around. A single d5 should be fine for this system. If you want to add another d5 later you can.

The speed for the pump should be 2-4 but that will depend on your temps, you can try the speed on 1 and if your not happy with the temps your getting try a faster speed. With that said though, increasing the pump speed wont give you insanely better temps but you have a lot or rads so your temps may vary between speed changes. Sounds like your gpu and cpu will be pretty cool with the amount of rads you have.

The temps will also be reliant on the speed of your fans as well.

thank you so much for your wise words! If I can get away with just a d5 that's what I'll do, I ordered the ek d5 vario res top combo, should expect it this week. the entire loop is assembled minus the pump right now I will upload some pictures when it is done I'm using gentle typhoon ap13s 1150 rpm on the 480s, and 3x gentle typhoon ap15s on the front 360 and 2 noise blocker eloops on the 240, each rad will be on its own channel on a fan controller at around 600-1000 depending on the temps. If I can get away with a low pump noise at around 2-3 I will be extremely pleased because silence is the goal here.

You are most welcome. Good choice going with a pump top to go with your D5. Extra flow and more inlet/outlet options, nice one!! Great fan selection to, I run silverstone AP121 and AP141 myself. Sounds like the silence goal will be met with this setup.