New PSU Issue.

thread

Hi there, hoping I can get some assistance on the problem I'm having. I recently picked up a Corsair TX750 (http://ncix.ca/products/?sku=58382&promoid=1338) from NCIX since it was on sale for a good price. Now when I hook it up and plug everything it all it does is spin my CPU fan for a few seconds, stops and then do it all over again. It will keep doing that until I power off the PSU.

Here is the crappy motherboard I am currently using (http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186177)

I'm just curious if the issue is a faulty PSU and needs to be RMA or if its not compatible with my motherboard and I should return it for a different psu.

I apologize if this is a stupid question, and thank you in advance for any assistance.

is your motherboard properly installed on mounts? It could be shorting out.

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

set up outside the case on a non conductive material and set everything up if it works then probably the case is shorting it out i had an issue similar on my first build

Definitely sounds like a short somewhere, try reseating your ram as well. Really you never know. Also check your wires for power and such to your case, I had a pcie card lean on them one which caused very similar symptoms.

I'll try that but it seems unlikely because I'm able to swap in my old psu and it works without issue. Thanks for the replies though.