Gtx 970 or r9 280x?

RiSource

Nvida, go for Nvidia. You will economize on your electricity bill so you can buy some more flowers for your girlfriend(s)

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Nvida, go for Nvidia. You will economize on your electricity bill so you can buy some more flowers for your girlfriend(s)

Lol xD

Keep Moving Forward...

The 970 competes with the R9 290 not the 280X. If you're in a hurry I'd tell you to grab a 970. However I think it would be smarter to wait and see what AMD has in store, price cuts are sure to ensue.
As for power efficiency , the aftermarket 970s actually consume about 20W less than the 290 and the 780 and quite a bit more than the 280X and the 770. Not that I think anyone should care about power consumption really.

970 is much powerfull than 280x

Waiting for it to be available in my country, but prices of 290 / 780 haven't come down since their launch, so I fear that 970 might be expensive here  :(

Finally got PS4 Pro

970 no doubt. AMD is good, but not personally, I hate heat. lewl

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

970 all day long, and as we have seen amd will release something better than nvidia will drop the 980ti

the card retails around $450 here in my country..... and my currency isn't exactly in the best state