DayZ and integrated graphics

carolkarine

so my GPU died. I can't afford a new one, so I'm trying to figure out what I can still play. my options are really old games and source, ATM. would dayz be an option? it's a social game for me so running it at shitty settings while I save money is okay.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

The mod maybe... but stand alone probably not. 

Since it's arguable dead. throw it in the oven

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Lol, no.

DayZ will probably give you a message like "lol u wot m8"

I've actually had experience running this game with a 3570k and HD4k, it IS runnable. I believe I had about 30fps consistently at 1080p. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Some games do not support igpu.

I think you have to try and run the game on your igpu first. If it runs then you can play with the graphics settings a lil bit and can get a playable experience on a very low resolution.

And may i know which igpu you have?

Just try DayZ to see if it works and if not just play some older games/ indie games, maybe even try some emulators if you want.

R.I.P carolkarine 7970 :'(

CPU: 4670K / Cooler: H100i / RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengence Pro 1866MHz / Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 / GPU: MSI TF 780 Gaming Edition / Case: Corsair Vengence C70 / Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo & 2TB Seagate Barracuda / PSU: EVGA SuperNova NEX750G

Refer to my profile picture... That'll be DayZ's response...

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

are you joking? I read somewhere that putting a gpu in a 100C oven can bring it back to life.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

are you joking? I read somewhere that putting a gpu in a 100C oven can bring it back to life.

nah since you don't really lose much it might be worth a try.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Tried it when I was without my gpu for a good bit. Unplayable. And my Igpu is a good deal stronger than yours. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

It's worth a try.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I posted about it in a thread 2 days ago, when someone's card was nearing the end of it's lifespan.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair+VGA+card+by+re-flowing+solder+on+the+board/2240

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Sure, 720p on low at 30 fps

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I mean it's GONE guys.

as in silicon is cracked. I don't know what broke it, but it was running fine, then the display cut out and the computer BSOD'ed

I try for a week to bring it back to life, but it was just gone. I took the g10 I had on it and I realized that the chip was simply in two pieces.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

If you've booted up your computer only to find red lines and other graphics issues, you might be able to save that graphics card by putting it in the oven.

Lines across your screen and other graphics abnormalities are called artifacts, and they're likely to occur when your video card is failing. If it's really dying, you might even get a blank screen or program crashes due to overheating. It turns out, a bit of heat is the perfect medicine. Things you'll want to be careful of:

• Make sure to remove the heatsink and any other plastic parts from your card. Melted plastic all over your card is bad news.
  • Place a few balls of tin foil on a tray and rest the card on them so it isn't touching the tray. Make sure to put the card in chip side up, otherwise the chip will fall off.
  • You'll want to bake it for around 8 minutes at 385°F. The time is flexibile; the general consensus is that anywhere between 5 minutes and 12 minutes should be okay.
  • Obviously, let it cool off before you stick it back in your machine.

The science behind this simple: often, video cards fail due to loosening solder joints. Thus, an oven is the perfect savior: by heating those joints back up, they'll turn to liquid and melt back together, giving your card another shot at life. This isn't a brand new trick by any means, but we just discovered it and thought it was pretty cool (not unlike the "save a failing hard drive in the freezer" trick).

18ixz10ncw5jwpng.png
Save a Failed Hard Drive in Your Freezer, Redux

Years ago we suggested sticking a borked hard drive in your freezer for a chance at recovering your …Read more

Check out the video above for a demo by my favorite hardware guru, Linus Sebastian of NCIX Tech Tips. It didn't work for him in the video, but it's actually a well-documented fix, and he does a good job of explaining the process. Your mileage may vary, of course, but if your graphics card is about to bite the dust, what do you have to lose?

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

To be honest i don't think dayz is happening. At least not with any high resolution and graphics settings.

I mean it's GONE guys.

as in silicon is cracked. I don't know what broke it, but it was running fine, then the display cut out and the computer BSOD'ed

I try for a week to bring it back to life, but it was just gone. I took the g10 I had on it and I realized that the chip was simply in two pieces.

Were the screws cranked on to tight?
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

I would assume so. Over torqued the board...

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

To be honest i don't think dayz is happening. At least not with any high resolution and graphics settings.

it's a social game for me. so if I have to play at 720p on the lowest settings, I will.

I would assume so. Over torqued the board...

this most likely. the sad thing is is that with the g10 you don't really have an option if you're using a 7970. I needed a shim for proper contact (it cooled perfectly, mind you) so it was straining to even get the screws to tighten more than a quarter turn.

Daily Driver:

Does anyone have any dayz benchmarks on intel 4600 graphics?

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky