Malware Removal Help

Herpaderpicus

Posting this on behalf of a buddy of mine, since his computer takes 5-10 minutes to load a webpage, and the computer relevant to his post isn't able to do much else other than hold down papers.  So, with that said, here's what he wanted me to post.

I need help figuring out how to reload my OS without being able to get into the OS. I use Windows 7 and I cannot get passed the "windows is starting" logo, as it crashes just after appearing, I believe the culprit is mal-ware since I was installing an old codec at the time of the first crash. The software that came with the laptop that allows for system restore/etc aren't working, and either crash when trying to reload from scratch, or to any restore point. I have the Windows 7 key associated with the laptops current Installation of windows but I am not sure if that will work. Any help is appreciated.

Also can you get in desktop using safe mode? F8 when Windows is starting and than operate from safe mode?

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850

Apparently whatever solution he needs to try, has to be able to be set up on XP SP2.

if you cant go into windows try using safe mode with networking

you wont be abble to boot into windows if you changed you motherboard

malvare bites

ccleaner

eset nod antivirus internet security

bitdefender antivirus

i think its all you will ever need for antivirus software