What to look for in a new screen to watch movies?

Sorian
Go to solution Solved by brownninja97,

is it ips or mva

If you want raw quality then get IPS

If you want slightly less quality but better blacks and wider viewing angles then get VA or MVA(they are pretty much the same thing dont worry about the M)

If you are silly get a TN panel.

I am looking to buy 2 more monitors and use a 3 screen setup

I got the main one for gaming and all that, but am looking to buy 2 more screens

a cheap one to browse the web and skype ( http://www.edbpriser.dk/skaerm/samsung-s19c450mr-mat-sort-id-7033153.aspx )

The last one I will use mainly to watch movies. Thinking of getting a 1920x1080 , but what other than the resolution and size should I look for when buying a cheap screen to mainly watch movies on ?

is it ips or mva

If you want raw quality then get IPS

If you want slightly less quality but better blacks and wider viewing angles then get VA or MVA(they are pretty much the same thing dont worry about the M)

If you are silly get a TN panel.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

And I won't have to worry about response time when it is just for movie (and not gaming) purpuse ?

Ok, thank you.

Also forgot to mention, 1080p is fine for now, most people dont like it over 24inchs, im fine with my 1080p monitor at 27inchs but there is the chance that you will not like the quality, it might be worth checking out some 1920x1200 monitors but with movies it will letterbox at native res.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

And I won't have to worry about response time when it is just for movie (and not gaming) purpuse ?

Response time is a myth, if its under 7ms then you are fine, ive seen a lot of tests better when i was about to get a new monitor, ive spend too much time actually, its basically a placebo effect, if you dont know that the monitor has changed you dont notice a difference, its like if i told you to use your computer with 1333mhz ram and 1600mhz ram on facebook or youtube.

Listen if you care.

Do you know what the difference is on a Acer H236 and V236 ?