Envision by Gigabyte H2285WDLS

dreinal13

Hi guys!

If ever, can anyone share their experience with this?

Envision-H2285WDLS-300x300.jpg

Specs:

Model Name H2285WDLS
Panel Size 21.5″W
Screen Ratio 16:9
Response Time (Typical) 5ms
Recommended Resolution 1920×1080@60Hz
Contrast Ratio 50,000,000:1(DCR)
Brightness (Typical) 200cd/m²
Display Color 16.7M
Viewing Angle (H/V) 90/65(CR≥10)
Viewable Image Size 547
Pixel Pitch 0.248
Input Signal Analog, Digital
Input Connector D-Sub & DVI-D
HDCP Compatible Yes
Input Power 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz
Power Supply Built-in
Operation Mode (W) Active:25W(typical)
Standby Mode (W) ≦0.5W
Wall- Mount VESA 75mmx75mm

This retails at a cheap $120 USD. I've googled this hoping for a good enough review and I can't find anything rather than sites selling the thing. I would like to take my chances and ask you guys for your professional insight, LTT community. If any of you have used this, can you share your experience? How is the quality of this monitor? Other comments?

Thank you! :)

Intel i5 4460 || Deepcool Gammaxx S40 || Gigabyte H97 Gaming 3 || Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb DDR3 1600 CL9 || Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Asus 24x DVDRW OEM || Bitfenix Comrade Window White || Asus VX239h || Razer Blackwidow 2013 || Razer Deathadder Chroma || Windows 8.1 x64 SL || Crucial M550 256gb || Deepcool RGB Led Controller

Hi guys!

If ever, can anyone share their experience with this?

Envision-H2285WDLS-300x300.jpg

Specs:

Model Name H2285WDLS

Panel Size 21.5″W

Screen Ratio 16:9

Response Time (Typical) 5ms

Recommended Resolution 1920×1080@60Hz

Contrast Ratio 50,000,000:1(DCR)

Brightness (Typical) 200cd/m²

Display Color 16.7M

Viewing Angle (H/V) 90/65(CR≥10)

Viewable Image Size 547

Pixel Pitch 0.248

Input Signal Analog, Digital

Input Connector D-Sub & DVI-D

HDCP Compatible Yes

Input Power 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz

Power Supply Built-in

Operation Mode (W) Active:25W(typical)

Standby Mode (W) ≦0.5W

Wall- Mount VESA 75mmx75mm

This retails at a cheap $120 USD. I've googled this hoping for a good enough review and I can't find anything rather than sites selling the thing. I would like to take my chances and ask you guys for your professional insight, LTT community. If any of you have used this, can you share your experience? How is the quality of this monitor? Other comments?

Thank you! :)

Well I can tell you that it's a TN monitor and has quite bad viewing angles. Worst than most TN monitors, according to those specs. For not much more you can get a decent IPS display which would be heaps better than that. I wouldn't waste your money on it to be honest.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Well I can tell you that it's a TN monitor and has quite bad viewing angles. Worst than most TN monitors, according to those specs. For not much more you can get a decent IPS display which would be heaps better than that. I wouldn't waste your money on it to be honest.

Any suggestions on a better monitor? I don't need a big monitor, something in the range of 22-23" will be perfect for me.

Intel i5 4460 || Deepcool Gammaxx S40 || Gigabyte H97 Gaming 3 || Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb DDR3 1600 CL9 || Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Asus 24x DVDRW OEM || Bitfenix Comrade Window White || Asus VX239h || Razer Blackwidow 2013 || Razer Deathadder Chroma || Windows 8.1 x64 SL || Crucial M550 256gb || Deepcool RGB Led Controller

Any suggestions on a better monitor? I don't need a big monitor, something in the range of 22-23" will be perfect for me.

I'll have a look for you. :)

I'll have a look for you. :)

Awesome! thanks man! :)

By the way, can you point me as well to some nifty articles/guidelines on how to choose a good Monitor? I know how to look at specs but why I need help is on what type of monitor will be worth while. I will be using it mainly for games and movies/streaming. And how to determine price to performance ratio as well for these monitors :)

Awesome! thanks man! :)

By the way, can you point me as well to some nifty articles/guidelines on how to choose a good Monitor? I know how to look at specs but why I need help is on what type of monitor will be worth while. I will be using it mainly for games and movies/streaming. And how to determine price to performance ratio as well for these monitors :)

As far as guides go, this may help —> http://lifehacker.com/how-to-pick-the-perfect-computer-monitor-1489862871 <—. Featuring Linus. :)

This may also help:

@dreinal13, the ASUS VN248H-P is a pretty popular monitor and it's currently on special with $60 off.

Here's the link —> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236335

I'd always recommend IPS monitors, even for gaming. ;)

@dreinal13, would you mind following this thread of yours please?

Thanks for all the help! that is a really good suggestion, although I can't seem to find a shop that sells it here in the Philippines :(

Alternately, I was also looking at the Asus VX239H, at $180, is it good enough?

Thanks for all the help! that is a really good suggestion, although I can't seem to find a shop that sells it here in the Philippines :(

Alternately, I was also looking at the Asus VX239H, at $180, is it good enough?

No worries mate. The ASUS VX239H has no overdrive control and so if it's implemented badly buy ASUS you won't be able to adjust it. This can be quite a problem as you can usually notice stuttering in games and video playback. The better one to get would be the ASUS MX239H because this one does have adjustable pixel overdrive called "Trace Free Technology" and would be a much better option IMO.

I see, I do have to look and see if there is an available MX239H here in the Philippines. Thanks again for the help! :)

I see, I do have to look and see if there is an available MX239H here in the Philippines. Thanks again for the help! :)

Alright. No worries mate! :)