server connections problems

SodaYoda

Hey guys me and my friend are trying to play minecraft (AT launcher, yogcast complete pack) together on a server running from his computer. I have just moved to japan and my friend is in australia, the connection between us isn't bad (we can play gmod and bf3 together and skype). however when i join his server i almost instanly start falling through the world into a pitch black abis, On his screen i am just levatating above the ground, after awhile i lose connection. I have done internet speed tests and i average around 10 mbits/ps (20 max). sometimes i can join but after awhile i lose connection. We tried to figure out what was going on so my friend made another server on normal minecraft and it worked fine (i still fall for a couple of seconds so i think connection between us is a factor) but then we also tried a new world with the mod pack and that worked fine too. 

I think it's probably the fact that the current world has more stuff on it so i need faster download speed to receive enough infomation, so if i get fibre optic would it work? if not is there any other way to fix this? (btw both our PCs are more than capable of playing minecraft)

Somehelp would be extremely appreciated

Are you using hamachi??

EDIT: And can you play vanilla minecraft on the same server?

"Nope, said the engineer"

I think it's probably the fact that the current world has more stuff on it so i need faster download speed to receive enough infomation, so if i get fibre optic would it work? if not is there any other way to fix this? (btw both our PCs are more than capable of playing minecraft)

Somehelp would be extremely appreciated

I think the last bit is accurate. Trying lowering your rendering distance before entering the world. Also get your friend to look to see if he can lower the view-distance server parameter to say 5 and see if that helps (8 is Normal draw distance)

I think the last bit is accurate. Trying lowering your rendering distance before entering the world. Also get your friend to look to see if he can lower the view-distance server parameter to say 5 and see if that helps (8 is Normal draw distance)

i tried lowerin gthe settings to absolute lowest but nothing was different...

Are you using hamachi??

Are you using hamachi??

I think we're using hamachi not sure but how would that help? (i don't really know how hamachi works)

so do you think it would help if i got fibre optic? or is the current download speed i have enough?

so do you think it would help if i got fibre optic? or is the current download speed i have enough?

The speed you have should be enough. What is your ping?

Is that including the server properties?

I'm going to guess it's more likely to be your Australian friend's connection rather than yours... just saying :P

Try playing a vanilla minecraft server with him and see if that works.