Opinions on No Man's Sky?

FCesar99

This should be under PC Gaming, the game looks pretty good though.  I'm a fan of procedurally generated worlds and the ones in No Man's Sky look great and diverse.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

I like the idea of it.

In reality it will probably be repetitive.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I like the idea of it.

In reality it will probably be repetitive.

I reaally hope it wont be  :unsure:

I feel like it's ambitious, and that it has potential, but when i listen to the devs talk about how their isn't a cohesive narrative, which worries me because if my main goal to go from planet to planet and...look at the new rocks and trees i've discovered, i dont think that it will have staying power. On a positive note though, the space combat looks pretty fun, so thats a plus

I question just how much you will actually be able to do on any given planet.  Games like minecraft where you just plop out in a randomly generated world and what you do is up to you is very different because of how deep the crafting system is.

With no man's sky, they haven't gone into any detail on how the resource collection/crafting will work but if they want players to create their own story, they are going to have to give players a LOT of stuff to actually do on the planets and nothing has shown that this will be how it is.

cautiously optimistic is how I would describe my feelings.  Im' not going to preorder it and it will come out on PS4 first anyways so I guess we'll see how the game actually is once it lands on PS4.  If it's lackluster then so be it but it will also give the team time to add more content before the PC version (which is sort of how I hope destiny is playing out)