problem installing windows with new mobo using usb

Trophywolfe

Okay so i had a q6600 before and was running windows perfectly normal than i upgraded to a 4690k and got an msi z97s sli plus mobo. I tried installing windows and i got it to boit into the install section where i can select the language and press install but when i try to select what im installing windows from (my usb stick) it doesnt show up and says that its missing a driver to recognise where the install is from i tried reformating my hdd and it shows up but the screen right after you click install it asks what version of windows to install but i dont get that i tried youtubing and googleing the problem but i cant find a fix that works amd now im posting this.

CA-RIP, Cz up hoes down, bang these hoes out with my rounds.

Make sure you've got it plugged into a USB 2.0 port.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Ya Use a USB 2.0 Port and Make sure you put all the packets on your USB

What do you mean by put all the packets on your USB

When you installed the OS on your USB drive you could of corrupted part of the download or lost some of the packets and it could look like its operating normally but it wont advance past a certain area. This is usually caused by interruptions when downloading (ie. Auto restart or accidentally closing the program while downloading.)   If this is the problem you will need to re-install the OS on your USB drive after you wiped it first.

When you installed the OS on your USB drive you could of corrupted part of the download or lost some of the packets and it could look like its operating normally but it wont advance past a certain area. This is usually caused by interruptions when downloading (ie. Auto restart or accidentally closing the program while downloading.)   If this is the problem you will need to re-install the OS on your USB drive after you wiped it first.

From what he's described it sounds like he's using a USB 3.0 port for installation and windows 7 doesn't have build in USB 3.0 drivers

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Im not retarded lol i know not to use a 3.0 port i thaught i mentioned it

CA-RIP, Cz up hoes down, bang these hoes out with my rounds.

From my experience I think you need to use special Microsoft software to burn the iso (dd doesn't work). I don't have much experience but maybe trying the usb in a different computer might help figure out what is causing the issue.

Try to re plug the usb while still in setup when the error occurs . Also try with an updated copy .

> I have approximate knowledge of many things <

When it asks for a driver, click cancel. Take out the USB drive. Plug it into a DIFFERENT port and resume to install your OS like normal.

It's a bug in the Setup environment, it took me a while to figure it out as well. It's fixed in windows 8 setup.