internal hdd showing as removable storage

omricn

Recently I've switched sata ports for some of my hard drives, and since then one of my hard drives is seen as removable storage.

I Know it has something to do with xhci mode, but couldn't make it stop this behavior no matter what I tried, excluding switching to IDE mode in the bios, I don't wanna do that.

Specs:

Win 8 64bit

ga-z77x-d3h

This Specific hdd is connected to a sata2 port

Coolermaster HAF 912 advanced | i5 3570k @ 4.2ghz | MSI gtx 660ti pe oc | Gygabite z77x-d3h | 8GB g.skill ripjaws| Samsung 830 ssd  | Seasonic m12II 620w

Corsair M45 mouse | Corsair K65 Keyboard | LG 27EA33V 27' ips| 

•  

Thanks for the reply buddy, actually I've tried downloading the Intel driver already, didn't work.. also, I've been through the reg thing last night but it doesn't work in win8 only in win7.. still thank you.

Coolermaster HAF 912 advanced | i5 3570k @ 4.2ghz | MSI gtx 660ti pe oc | Gygabite z77x-d3h | 8GB g.skill ripjaws| Samsung 830 ssd  | Seasonic m12II 620w

•  

Well I kinda figured it out.. I was mistaken, this specific hdd was connected to a sata3 port despite it being a sata2 hdd, I switched it back to a sata2 port and all is well, it doesnt show in the removable storage anymore.

•