Some purchasing advice?

USMC1237

Hello everyone, I'm fairly new here but I think you guys seem like just the people for my question. 

I'm looking to buy myself a GTX 780 ti. I have had my eye on this one for quite a while. It currently is on sale(here is a topic about it) but I'm not sure weather to buy now or wait.  I keep thinking about Black Friday sales and such. I'm wondering what you guys think of me either waiting to buy or get it now(also the risk of it not going on sale for black friday). Also I have been considering that with the announcement of Nvidia's 900 series rumored to be in October that there could be a price drop on current cards. Tell me what you think; Also if you have any alternative suggestions on 780ti cards that would be cool too. I want to weigh all my options. 

Thanks for reading  ^_^

900 series will come out September 19th, so stay tuned for the GTX 980. It will perform as well as a 780ti, but need less power and likely be cheaper (about 550 USD)

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

I would wait for the 900 series GPUs if I had that kind of a budget for a graphics card :)

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

900 series will come out September 19th, so stay tuned for the GTX 980. It will perform as well as a 780ti, but need less power and likely be cheaper (about 550 USD)

I have heard they were aimed to be more power efficient and that they will cost a bit less; I did not hear there performance was going to be as good. Thanks for the insight, Now we wait for Nvidia.  :)

I know you probably don't want to see any more comments about waiting for the the GTX 900 series to come out, but you should. I would say wait just to see how the card stacks up against the Titan Black and 780 Ti. I already know one of the advantage with nvidea's new Maxwell cards is low wattage, allowing you to push it a bit further in overclocking if that is your thing. They say the 980 will try to keep up with the past selling price of the 780 and keep it around $500 to compete with AMD's options out right now. 

My Rig: || Intel Core i5-4670K || EVGA GTX 660 FTW || G.Skill Sniper 16GB (2 x 8) DDR3 1600 || Western Digital Blue 1TB HDD || Samsung 840 EVO 250GB || SeaSonic M12II Bronze 620W PSU || Windows 8.1 64bit ||

You sure? It seems with the 700 series pricing didn't drop the 600 cards at all, at least here in Canada.

750 Ti costs between a 650 Ti Boost and 660

760 costs between a 660 ti and 670

770 costs as much as a 680

780 costs much more than a 680

Seems they decided to price them according to how they performed against the previous gen, rather than pricing them at the same tiers as the previous gen (i.e. instead of the 760 costing the same as the 660)

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

You sure? It seems with the 700 series pricing didn't drop the 600 cards at all, at least here in Canada.

Seems they decided to price them according to how they performed against the previous gen, rather than pricing them at the same tiers as the previous gen (i.e. instead of the 760 costing the same as the 660)

its still all rumors, of course, but after yesterdays leaks, I have to say you might be right.

980 might be more 650 to 700, but still not more expensive than a 780ti, and therefore better performance/dollar overall.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

This pricing scheme makes sense.  They still have a lot of 700 series cards for sale.  If they priced 900 series cheaper, nobody would buy the 700 series.

don't expect the 900 series to come in price down until all of the old 700 series product has been cleared out.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build