im too Confused, What is Bachelor degree in Canada?

Tech Lover

hi. man im confused like HELL!

recently i made a thread about Canada and its environment and every thing in General. 

actually im looking forward to getting education from Canada. i have searched almost all the universities which offer Under Graduation and Graduation qualifications, and TRUST ME, I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH MESSED UP UNIVERSITY WEBSITES IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!

YES, i CAN NOT understand ANYTHING from whats given in the websites. 

here, take the example of University of  Regina site. it even looks like a lost website under construction. i cant find anything from it. 

for almost all the University websites, that i have checked, including some of the top ones, like UoT, UBC, McMaster, i could not find desired information... 

i even sent emails to the university's concerned mailing addresses, to inquire some detail, but no one replied me. its sad... 

anyways, i thought of you guys then, LTT friends :D

hope someone could help me. 

i wanted to know, exactly how long is Bachelor of Arts or Under graduate program in Canadian universities (in General of course)? 

and what are the fields of education which are most fruitful for choosing in Under graduate education these days and in the coming future in Canadian Economy? i mean which field of education is better for choosing, to get better jobs in

Canada if one decides to live in Manitoba, Alberta and Ontario (preference in that order)

Current Rig: Intel core i7 4770K Stock 4.5G, Asus Maximus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 16Gb (8Gx2), 2x SLi Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 2Gb GDDR5 3X Windforce Edition, Corsair Hydro Series H100i (Push), JDS LABS O2/ODAC combo, Fiio E18 KUNLUN, Asus Xonar Essence STX (secondary PC), Sennheiser HD700, Hifiman HE 400i, Beyerdynamics DT 990 PRO 250 Ohm, Sennheiser HD 518, Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850W 80+, Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced, Samsun4g DVD R/W Combo, 3X Cooler Master 120mm Blue LED fans, LG IPS 23EA73, Logitech G710 BLUE, BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Edition,Logitech G402 HYPERION FURY, Bloody Core V7, SteelSeries QcK Mass MiBR mouse pad

As someone in their last year of Highschool and also looking at University in Canada I can tell you that from what I've seen, the ones in/around Ontario don't seem to be as confusing as you make them out to be. And All BoA (Bachelor of Arts) Courses are 3-4 years long (depending on credit). That's a global standard. As for what course that's you're domain. Here's what I'd recommend:

Make a list of things you like to do;

Make a list of thing's you are good at;

now compare these two lists and find the first match you can. You're kinda stuck with what you pick when you pick it. Don't go after the money, go after what YOU are interested in or else you will end up hating your job. But at the same time if you want to be a doctor but can't pass a Middle-school Biology Test you need to rethink your options.

Hope I helped :)

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

You are not being specific enough. A BA is just a degree in a particular area of study. You need to specify the area of study first. There is a BA, then MA then Ph.D. in most areas of study that are non scientific based. They are usually a 3 year program. That's a *very* rough outline.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

As someone in their last year of Highschool and also looking at University in Canada I can tell you that from what I've seen, the ones in/around Ontario don't seem to be as confusing as you make them out to be. And All BoA (Bachelor of Arts) Courses are 3-4 years long (depending on credit). That's a global standard. As for what course that's you're domain. Here's what I'd recommend:

Make a list of things you like to do;

Make a list of thing's you are good at;

now compare these two lists and find the first match you can. You're kinda stuck with what you pick when you pick it. Don't go after the money, go after what YOU are interested in or else you will end up hating your job. But at the same time if you want to be a doctor but can't pass a Middle-school Biology Test you need to rethink your options.

Hope I helped :)

You are not being specific enough. A BA is just a degree in a particular area of study. You need to specify the area of study first. There is a BA, then MA then Ph.D. in most areas of study that are non scientific based. They are usually a 3 year program. That's a *very* rough outline.

nice answer but my first problem is money man :)

i will be coming as an international student. and u would know that university fees for international students is almost 2 to 3 and even 4 times of what the Canadians have to pay. 

here is my situation. 

i have a Graduate degree B.COMM, in banking and finance and Business Law as Majors. its a 2 years University degree. after completing it in 2010 i started doing job and i have like 2.5 years experience in Banking Sector. i then got admission in Masters in Economics as a private candidate, and i have cleared first year. 2nd year is left, BTW here, MA degree is of 2 years. so if i complete MA that would make my education complete till 16 years. 2 for B.COMM and 2 for MA. 

but here is that catch, my Family is ready to invest on my the money i would need to get to Canada NOW. i dont know when they would change their mind,. as for now, i m NOT eligible for permanent Immigration to Canada and the only degree i can go for is Undergraduate. 

now u understand where i stand? :)

i can either let go the idea of going to Canada altogether, and keep on doing job here for CA $ 240 PER MONTH or i can go to Canada and start from Undergraduate qualification altogether. again, if i give it some time so that my Master finishes, may be my family would refuse to finance me for moving to Canada... 

phew... 

what would u guys do if u were in my place? should i choose to stay here or should i choose to come to your country?

BTW, im from PAKISTAN  :mellow:  :mellow:

Current Rig: Intel core i7 4770K Stock 4.5G, Asus Maximus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 16Gb (8Gx2), 2x SLi Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 2Gb GDDR5 3X Windforce Edition, Corsair Hydro Series H100i (Push), JDS LABS O2/ODAC combo, Fiio E18 KUNLUN, Asus Xonar Essence STX (secondary PC), Sennheiser HD700, Hifiman HE 400i, Beyerdynamics DT 990 PRO 250 Ohm, Sennheiser HD 518, Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850W 80+, Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced, Samsun4g DVD R/W Combo, 3X Cooler Master 120mm Blue LED fans, LG IPS 23EA73, Logitech G710 BLUE, BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Edition,Logitech G402 HYPERION FURY, Bloody Core V7, SteelSeries QcK Mass MiBR mouse pad