Need to create a form

maxib7

I'm taking a career development class in high school and, for reasons I still don't understand, she wants us to create topics and share, post, and socialize on the computer with people in our class. So it's basically a forum she wants except we have to use Blogger. Nothing against blogger but with the experience I've had with it so far it is not well suited for what she wants. Nobody in the class likes using it.

There are many issues I have with it and she said if I could come up with a better solution then we could use it. I had a forum in mind but the problem is I've never created a forum before, however, I have created a few websites on Squarespace and Webs. I was hoping for your opinion and advice on what host I should use and how I could make it (I'm fine with looking at tutorials online I just wanted your guys opinion first. You guys haven't steered me wrong yet!) I basically want a layout like this site has - easy and fun to use. I wasn't planning on spending money on this seeing as we'll probably only be using it for a semester unless she really like the idea. Thanks for your time!

No... I'm not ready for my thread to die, not yet.... nooooo......

Can't Google Drive do something like that?

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Weebly has a forum option, and you can get a 5-day trial of IP.Board.

Can't Google Drive do something like that?

No, just survey forms.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I would look for something like this http://www.freeforums.org/

CPU: Intel 3770k Cooling: Corsair H100i Motherboard: MSI Z77 MPower Memory: 2x4gb Corsair 1600 ddr3 GPU: Sapphire 6950 2gb with reference Cooler PSU: XFX pro 650w Case: Corsair Carbide 500r Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, 2x Samsung 1TB, 1x Seagate 2TB

CPU: Pentium 4 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8SGXL Memory: 2GB ddr Storage: 250GB IDE OS: FreeBSD

thanks! I'll try weebly first because it's a bit better known and the school would be more comfortable with something like that but I'll also give freeforums a try too.

SMF - Simple Machines Forum is my go-to open source forum option, so long as you have your own host for it.

http://www.simplemachines.org/

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

SMF - Simple Machines Forum is my go-to open source forum option, so long as you have your own host for it.

http://www.simplemachines.org/

could I use squarespace or weebly to host it?

*edited* the free versions of them

could I use squarespace or weebly to host it?

*edited* the free versions of them

Unfortunately, no. Neither of these sites support SMF, due to their nature.

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Unfortunately, no. Neither of these sites support SMF, due to their nature.

Do you know of a site that would be able to?

Do you know of a site that would be able to?

Free hosting, I have no knowledge of.

Paid hosting, however, I always use WiredTree.

https://www.wiredtree.com/

Free hosting, I have no knowledge of.

Paid hosting, however, I always use WiredTree.

https://www.wiredtree.com/

thanks for the help! Also I noticed your picture. I love the Marines. I hope to join NROTC program and become an officer. If I don't make it I'll just go the enlisted route