Enthoo Luxe fan setup for 2-way SLI 780Ti classified cards

aduman

Hi guys, I was going to put these cards underwater but some stuff happened and my budget didn't allow for it and I'm currently using the stock ACX coolers. So I want to get the best performance while staying silent on an Enthoo Luxe case. How should I set up the fans? Case comes with one 200m intake in front, one 140mm on top and another 140mm on back for exhaust. These fans are surprisingly good. Should I add more fans? Fan mounts this case offers: (it's in the specs tab.)

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Had the same issues kinda, wasnt mad about the temps or the noise. I have an Air 540 case full of corsair fans, wanted to try out Noctua. Bought some used off of here and they are nice. 

Top card would reach 70 while gaming (only does that in bf4) with the Noctua fans it wouldnt get over 65, sits around 63. Couldnt be happier with the fans.

Not saying to get Noctua but, look into getting great fans, Faster and more efficient you can get cool air in and hot air out the better with the acx coolers.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Hi guys, I was going to put these cards underwater but some stuff happened and my budget didn't allow for it and I'm currently using the stock ACX coolers. So I want to get the best performance while staying silent on an Enthoo Luxe case. How should I set up the fans? Case comes with one 200m intake in front, one 140mm on top and another 140mm on back for exhaust. These fans are surprisingly good. Should I add more fans? Fan mounts this case offers: (it's in the specs tab.)

Is there a budget?

In any case(pun), I'll be building my system on a Luxe and I've read quite a bit about it on the "Enthoo Luxe owners" thread from oc3d.

The included fans are in fact good and not that loud. What I'll be doing is kind of imitating what a member there posted and, from his words, his system is silent when idle and slightly audible under load.

He bought three or four PH-F140XP, not sure, and did this:

Kept the front 200mm and rear 140mm at those locations. However, he replaced the scres with rubber grommets and/or rubber screws/pins. Then, he put two(or three, can't remember) fans on top, exhausting, and one fan on the bottom, as an intake.

When at idle, the system has a positive pressure because all fans spin at a reduced RPM and the "top front-most" remains off, so he has 200mm+140mm intake and only 2x140mm exhaust. I think it's 60% for all fans. He did the math, considering the air filters blocking some air, etc. Now, when the system is under load, all of his fans ramp up to 100% and he has negative pressure because of the top fan(s) awakening.

The air gets in and out fast, as he said. He uses air cooling for both his CPU and GPU and both have pretty decent temperatures which I can't recall exactly. I would definitely recommend reading that thread, as boring as it can be.

I think he used his motherboard's BIOS to do all this fan controlling, but I believe you can achieve something similar with a PWM controller+software.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

You might as well fill all the slots

Number of fans != good airflow/temperatures.

Just sayin'..

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

• 5 months later...

The best config imo would be 2 140 mm phanteks hp fans front as intake, 2 120 scythe gt's or nexus real silent fans as bottom intake, 140 on back as exhaust and 2 140's on top as exhast. Boom, you're silent and cool.