290 vs 780

MeltingPoint

stoppppp seriously...

have you tested these yourself? have you owned multiple 290's and 780's? do you test these every other week?

Even if what you say is true the AMD card is still less expensive so it wins all around. Stop AMD bashing already its getting old.

Cool man, so you're comparing a non-reference OC'd 290 to a stock reference 780, do you see the problem here? Get the fuck out of this sub-forum. Your constant bullshit infuriates not just myself, but many others (I know this for a fact). The truth of the matter is, they're pretty much identical in terms of performance. Performance greatly depends on the game and what resolution you're running.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Even if what you say is true the AMD card is still less expensive so it wins all around. Stop AMD bashing already its getting old.

lolololololol this guy must be trolling, I dont bash any company, but going around saying a 290 is faster than a 780 is going to get you into trouble, I love the 290's, I own three of them, so I aint bashing nobody, but get your facts straight.

lolololololol this guy must be trolling, I dont bash any company, but going around saying a 290 is faster than a 780 is going to get you into trouble, I love the 290's, I own three of them, so I aint bashing nobody, but get your facts straight.

nvidia is not as great as the fanboys of nvidia and Tom P will like you to think. If you like to think then I would be lead to believe that one would see that AMD is the better all around option.

nvidia is not as great as the fanboys of nvidia and Tom P will like you to think. If you like to think then I would be lead to believe that one would see that AMD is the better all around option.

HeadUpAss.jpg

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

39dfcc06b92132c9fed07dbb0f4770f2c2273b50

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

At 1080p 60hz both cards will max pretty much everything and keep to 60fps so in the real world it doesn't really matter. At higher resolutions however the 290 has a clear lead, especially when crossfire is compared to sli, as CFX scales better on 290s than 780s

Fanboy to wallet yes.

I clearly said no fanboys. GTFO

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

i would go with the 290, because its cheaper.

In the end both cards have theire pro´s and con´s.

Its just about which cards suits you best, and thats a personal thing.

My vote goes to a Sapphire 290 Tri X OC.

Just a decent card for the money

- good cooling

- very quiet.

- cheaper then a 780.

As far as i have seen in tons of articles and benchmarks arround the globe.

at 1080p they are pretty similar.

at 1440p in some games the 290 pulls ahead on the 780.

But again this just depends from game to game. and on individual cards aswell.

Only a nice feuture that the AMD cards have is Mantle, and in games that can utilize it, it can be very helpfull.

especialy if you are using a weaker cpu.

Personally I bought a used R9 290 windforce edition card for 250 dollars USD. You cannot get a 780 for that price... I am stunned by the performance of the R9 290. I would say that you cannot go wrong with either card... but the R9 290 is less expensive and therfore the winner in my book.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

I clearly said no fanboys. GTFO

Clearly that message was not for you.