2133 ram

Daniel91
Go to solution Solved by Daniel91,

thank you everyone :)

Hi guys, Today i went to pick up a AMD A10 7850K for a AMD build for a guy, amd when I went to pick out the ram the sales person told me I needed to go for 2133mhz ram and oc it to 2400mhz or else the AMD apu wont run properly

Is that true? cos the 2133mhz ones are like SGD$100.00 more then the 1600mhz one

can a AMD A10 7850 on 1600mhz ram?

is it ok if the guy doesn't oc the APU since his using it for his home bisnuess only and mmorpg gaming?

an APU benefits greatly from faster memory, but it's not really required for light gaming.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Having faster ram in apu's is recommended, if you have fast dual channel ram(like 2133) then it would give more performance and run faster than single stick 1600mhz ram on a apu.

like vacsol said, apu's REAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLY benefit from higher mem clocks but it depends on how heavy those games are :P some two centz (see what i did there lelz)

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

It is true that apu's do perform better with faster RAM. The faster the memory the better but if you are on a budget I recommend 1866. This is because the gpu on the apu also uses the cpu's memory and gpu's benefit much more from faster memory.

You'd get better FPS since APU's performance increase with higher memory speeds but saying it wouldn't run properly is false; 1600 mhz should be fine if gaming isn't really his thing. But that APU is certainly capable of it.