Windows 7 Boot Error - Error Configuring Updates

Hi guys!

So I just reinstalled a fresh version of Windows 7 on my SSD and it worked perfectly fine the first times I fired the system up. But yesterday Windows had to download 550mbs of updates and installed them. Now, everytime I want to boot up I just get the usual "updates being installed" screen but at phase 5 of 5 at around 90% it stops and says something about an error configuring updates and that they are being deinstalled. The problem however is that I don't get pass that error screen no matter how long I wait. Has anyone here an idea what I could do?

Hi guys!

So I just reinstalled a fresh version of Windows 7 on my SSD and it worked perfectly fine the first times I fired the system up. But yesterday Windows had to download 550mbs of updates and installed them. Now, everytime I want to boot up I just get the usual "updates being installed" screen but at phase 5 of 5 at around 90% it stops and says something about an error configuring updates and that they are being deinstalled. The problem however is that I don't get pass that error screen no matter how long I wait. Has anyone here an idea what I could do?

Have you installed any programs yet (and copied across any backed up files) or just Windows?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Leave it at the "Error Configuring Updates: Rolling Back Changes" screen till Windows starts (Can take up to 10 hours)

once it does, go to \Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Update\View update history\

Take note of all failed updates and disable downloading/installing them in the Windows Update manager.

(and if you're an evil person, disable Windows Updates and Windows Defender.)

█ 

Thank You it's all back working now:D

Phew I almost thought my stuff was gone already after a day of installing