Enthoo Pro Rad thickness

Go to solution Solved by Maxwit44,

Awesome, thanks! I have a few more questions if you don't mind.

1. A 420 ST30 would fit provided you remove the 5.25" bay right?

2. How's the airflow in the case?

3. Do you think the EK 140 X-RES would fit in the back wall?

4. I'd love to get the Primo but that's way more than I'm willing to spend on a case right now. How's the overall sturdiness of the case, is it better than the 450D (if you've worked with one of those)?

5. Any gripes or things you didn't like about the case?

Yeah Not a problem.

1. The ST30 fits in nicely behind the front IO panel, and only just protrudes into the top 5.25" bay. I think the bolt heads are the only thing stopping and Optical drive from fitting.

2. Even with all my drive bays full, and a 240 rad in the front, the air flow isn't too bad. I can feel air coming through on my hand with the front fans at around 700-800 rpm. I haven't had any dust issues yet. I dont have the front filter in, and running neutral case pressure.

3. Theres about 83mm from the top on the card slots to the edge of the case. From what I can rememeber that res is about 50-60mm round? should fit OK. You may just have to push the rear 140 fan up to the top of the slots to get good clearance with the fittings etc.

4&5. I haven't worked with a 450D. But, Even with both case doors off, front and top panels off the case doesn't warp when moving it around. Overall I find it pretty good to work in. I have two issues with the case. 1, Mine is white, and I spent a long time cleaning dirty hand and finger prints off it, straight out of the box. Wasn't happy about that. 2. The rubber anti vibration oring's on the rear case thumb screws, well they dont last long. All of mine have broken. But thats so minor really.

I've done hard line in mine. With the PSU cover in place, getting the bends right and to run over it, and be able to remove it was difficult. I ended up putting my D5 under the cover, theres really not and other place to put it.

Feel free to fire more questions at me if you need to. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

I have a build coming up and I had never really considered the Enthoo Pro because I didn't really like the look of it.

Lately it's been growing on me. I know it's a good case but I'm wondering what it can take in terms of rad thickness. 

Ideally the plan would be to put a thick 360 or 420 in the top and a thick 240 in the front (UT60's).

It does look like an AIO in push or pull is already close to the motherboard top.

So how about a 420 ST30 in the top and 240 UT60 in the front?

Thanks!

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I have a build coming up and I had never really considered the Enthoo Pro because I didn't really like the look of it.

Lately it's been growing on me. I know it's a good case but I'm wondering what it can take in terms of rad thickness. 

Ideally the plan would be to put a thick 360 or 420 in the top and a thick 240 in the front (UT60's).

It does like an AIO in push or pull is already close to the motherboard top.

Thanks!

In the top im not sure about since I'm really tired atm. But theoretically it will fit the rads just a matter of thickness. The 420 or 360 would fit, as well as the 240 in front I believe.

Disclaimer:

I am really f-n tired at the moment so I could be as far off as Pluto.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

It does look like an AIO in push or pull is already close to the motherboard top.

Thanks!

I have a ST30 in the roof of my pro. Fits very well with about 10mm to the edge of the motherboard with SP140's mounted in push.

The UT60 in the front will be good.

I've had to go to a bay res with mine. The Photon 170 I had in the back wall was a tight fit, and I could not put it on the bracket over the drive bays due to my card being 15mm to long.

The Pro isn't a bad case to work in, however I think the Primo or luxe would have been a better choice, that extra space in the roof would have helped. But you can do a really neat build in them.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

I have a ST30 in the roof of my pro. Fits very well with about 10mm to the edge of the motherboard with SP140's mounted in push.

The UT60 in the front will be good.

I've had to go to a bay res with mine. The Photon 170 I had in the back wall was a tight fit, and I could not put it on the bracket over the drive bays due to my card being 15mm to long.

The Pro isn't a bad case to work in, however I think the Primo or luxe would have been a better choice, that extra space in the roof would have helped. But you can do a really neat build in them.

4. I'd love to get the Primo but that's way more than I'm willing to spend on a case right now. How's the overall sturdiness of the case, is it better than the 450D (if you've worked with one of those)?

Yeah Not a problem.

1. The ST30 fits in nicely behind the front IO panel, and only just protrudes into the top 5.25" bay. I think the bolt heads are the only thing stopping and Optical drive from fitting.

2. Even with all my drive bays full, and a 240 rad in the front, the air flow isn't too bad. I can feel air coming through on my hand with the front fans at around 700-800 rpm. I haven't had any dust issues yet. I dont have the front filter in, and running neutral case pressure.

3. Theres about 83mm from the top on the card slots to the edge of the case. From what I can rememeber that res is about 50-60mm round? should fit OK. You may just have to push the rear 140 fan up to the top of the slots to get good clearance with the fittings etc.

4&5. I haven't worked with a 450D. But, Even with both case doors off, front and top panels off the case doesn't warp when moving it around. Overall I find it pretty good to work in. I have two issues with the case. 1, Mine is white, and I spent a long time cleaning dirty hand and finger prints off it, straight out of the box. Wasn't happy about that. 2. The rubber anti vibration oring's on the rear case thumb screws, well they dont last long. All of mine have broken. But thats so minor really.

I've done hard line in mine. With the PSU cover in place, getting the bends right and to run over it, and be able to remove it was difficult. I ended up putting my D5 under the cover, theres really not and other place to put it.

Feel free to fire more questions at me if you need to. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Yeah Not a problem.

Thanks for your help! I should be set, probably gonna get the black Enthoo Pro then. It sounds like the build quality is much better than the 450D. As that one definitely has some flex in the top and frame. 

Thanks for your help! I should be set, probably gonna get the black Enthoo Pro then. It sounds like the build quality is much better than the 450D. As that one definitely has some flex in the top and frame.

Just thinking about it, I'd change out the fan that comes with it, I found it a bit noisy compared to the sp140. Good luck with the build!! I'd love to see some build pics if you do some!

You're going to love your Enthoo Pro.  Best case money can buy at the $100 price point.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."