Bluetooth Mouse

W-L
Go to solution Solved by Tazzy2040,

I tried doing that and I seem to still get that problem, I get error code 1601 though I check it said it had to do with the windows installer but I don't really know how to remedy that.

have you tried to uninstall all the drivers that could have installed e.g looking in program files or %appdata% and deleting them but be careful that you don't delete anything important as i wont be help responsible

Hey guys I recently got a Microsoft sculpt bluetooth mouse for my laptop and went to install the drivers/software to help configure it but I keep getting a "Does not meet system requirements" error every time, when my system meets the only requirement they ask for, running windows 7. I keep getting an error code1603 which I have read up on and said to be a windows installer issue which I have tried to reinstall or fix but have been unsuccessful. If anyone knows a way to fix that it'd be appreciated. 

right click the driver install and click run in compatibility and choose windows 7 if that doesnt work try to run as admin

Jack Whitbread

Ultras0nix

right click the driver install and click run in compatibility and choose windows 7 if that doesnt work try to run as admin

I tried doing that and I seem to still get that problem, I get error code 1601 though I check it said it had to do with the windows installer but I don't really know how to remedy that.

have you tried to uninstall all the drivers that could have installed e.g looking in program files or %appdata% and deleting them but be careful that you don't delete anything important as i wont be help responsible

Jack Whitbread

Ultras0nix

I got frustrated by the issue and just reinstalled windows on my laptop, it was already pretty full of junk so I guess something probably messed it up over the years, bu thanks for the help I'll keep that in mind next time if that happen again.

I got frustrated by the issue and just reinstalled windows on my laptop, it was already pretty full of junk so I guess something probably messed it up over the years, bu thanks for the help I'll keep that in mind next time if that happen again.

has this solved the problem?

Jack Whitbread

Ultras0nix

Yeah after I reinstalled everything correctly including the mouse and other softwares it works without a problem.

Good

Let us know if you have any other problems as we are all happy to help

Jack Whitbread

Ultras0nix