New Logitech Keyboard: G710 (without +) with Cherry MX Blue Switches

g710-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.png

Source / Product Page: http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g710-mechanical-gaming-keyboard

(Please move this Thread if I'm in the wrong Sub-Forum, maybe it should be in the "News" one?)

If you didn't know the G710+ (the one with the +) has Brown Switches with O-Rings (Don't know if the new version will have these Rings though)

Found it by Luck, browsing through their Gaming Category on the search for the well-known G710+ and mistook the G710 at first glance with the G710+. I found nothing about this new version except on the Logitech site (in various languages), various filters and search by image resulted only in Logitech pages. I called the local Logitech support (from my country) but even he was surprised about that keyboard and knew nothing about this version.

The Logo on top of the product page says only "Lightning fast." compared to the g710+ "Lightning fast. Whisper quiet." Whoever made the product pages for this version also just replaced every occurrence of "G710+" with "G710", "Tactile" with "Cherry MX Blue" in the first paragraph and removed the 2nd paragraph for obvious reasons:

"Whisper-quiet keys

Focus on game

Quiet, non-clicking key [...]"

Btw. I wrote this with my G710+ Keyboard which I just ordered 2 weeks ago and I think I'm now sending it back and getting the one with the blue switches. Just stumbled upon this new version on the last day now in which I can sand my G710+ back while getting my money back (cancellation right)

More Images, nothing surprising, orange just has been replaced with blue (taken from gaming.logitech.com):

g710-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.jpg

g710-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.jpg

g710-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.pngg710-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.png

g710-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.pngg710-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.pngg710-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.pngg710-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.pngg710-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.png

Exactly the same but with MX blues and a blue accent, I'll still never switch from Browns.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

That's kinda cool actually

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Still not sure if I should send the G710+ (with brown Switches) back and get the G710 (with blues).

Would cost me only the delivery charges...

But Logitech had to internally import the keyboard from UK to Germany because I wanted the UK layout, I think I would have to ship it to the UK back then and pay that much more if I really want to send it back.

Edit: Well after contacting support, it seems the RMA is free.

does it have o-rings?

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

does it have o-rings?

[...]
If you didn't know the G710+ (the one with the +) has Brown Switches with O-Rings (Don't know if the new version will have these Rings though)
[...]

The O-Rings aren't mentioned on the product pages itself (on the g710+ one nor the g710). The O-Ring are only mentioned by reviewers (reviewing the G710+) explaining the part how Logitech makes the keyboard quiet, as advertised on the side.

They only advertised on the original G710+ Site that it is quiet and just removed that paragraph / these words out of the G710 product page when they copied it from the G710+ one, so make out of that what you want.

Ill swap my new 710+'s orange accent for the blue accent no problem, But I'm liking these Browns :D

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I hope they'll fix the key problems, which a lot of people have had on the original. Including myself.

And the logitech support had been useless.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

I guess they are trying to compete with other mechanical keyboards that have Blues... let's hope they improve the quality of the keycaps as well!

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

I hope they'll fix the key problems [...]

[...] let's hope they improve the quality of the keycaps as well!

There was an internal revision of the normal G710+ which allegedly fixed the keycap problem (when I asked the Logitech Support something about that he was surprised that I knew that). Older version of the G710+ has just been still in the warehouse of the shops so they got sold still although the product had already been revised.

I had to order my keyboard from Logitech directly (because there was no reseller in Germany that sold one with German Layout) so I most probably have the revised version

So far i had no problems with the keycaps itself.

• 2 months later...

Have you received the keyboard? How is it? I'm also interested in buying the same keyboard, although oddly it's only sold on their webpage or on Newegg. does it have the keyswitch problems as the g710+?

• 1 month later...

Have you received the keyboard? How is it? I'm also interested in buying the same keyboard, although oddly it's only sold on their webpage or on Newegg. does it have the keyswitch problems as the g710+?

I sent back the G710+ (with browns) not because it was bad but because I wanted the G910 (Orion Spark) which I have now.

I experienced no keycaps problems with my G710+ Model which I got directly from Logitech (cheapest solution for me because I wanted the UK layout instead of the local German WERTZ one) so I should have gotten the newest revision. From the calls I had with the Logitech support I know that the G710+ had some revision which also targeted the keycaps but they weren't public and you could only know with the model number if you got the newest one.

Till now I didn't hear of keyswitch directed problems, the keyswitch itself which is a Cherry MX Browsn/Blue one should have no problems.

The only difference the G710+ and the G710 (browns vs. blues) should have Is the color chosen for its design (that normally orange plastic thing on the left) and the keyswitch itself.

Didn't try the G710 myself yet but it should just feel like the G710+ with blues.

• 2 years later...

What's interesting is that they also make a G710+ Blue.

20150910114710301.jpg

And even though it's in chineese I saw a normal one at an American Walmart.