Running same game install on multiple computers.

Sheldon_King

First, let me say I am using a single 2TB USB3 hard drive to run my Steam library, and I want to add my Origin and Uplay libraries to the same disk the same way as I do with steam to be able to have the same games on my desktop and on my laptop when I am out of town.

I achieved the steam by using the desktop to install Steam and the steam library (nearly 1TB on its own) to the external drive. I have also tested the External and Steam functionality on the laptop (8560w in signature) and it functions fine by double clicking on Steam.exe from the seagate expansion drive (drive G iirc), and all games are functional after the first startup install that steam does (mainly Physx, DX updates and the like).

What I want to do is install Origin and Uplay the same way. Install the program (Origin.exe and Uplay.exe) with their libraries to the external drive to be able to use them on both my laptop and my desktop without having to download them twice (would take a week or more). I guess what I am asking is weather the Uplay and Origin games will function the same way as steam, or would i need 2 different installs of all the games to play on teh desktop and the laptop?

TLDR: Will Origin and Uplay install games the same way as steam, and thus one install function on 2 computers.

Thanks for the help.

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

Never tried to do that...

There is no harm in trying it. Try it and let us all know that it works or not..

Never tried to do that...

There is no harm in trying it. Try it and let us all know that it works or not..

Indeed, no harm in trying. Worst that can happen is it will install for one but not work on the other in which case it is as simple as install on both.    It will be a while first (upgrading desktop from vista first). 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

Indeed, no harm in trying. Worst that can happen is it will install for one but not work on the other in which case it is as simple as install on both. It will be a while first (upgrading desktop from vista first).

That true, i think you should give it a try..

There is nothing to loose.