What's the worst type of computer to play video games?

Fgtfv567

Hold on, I wonder what @Builder has to say about this.

I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED. WHAT CURSED BEING CAUSED YOU TO REMOVE ME FROM MY COMFY CHAIR?

fair enough they dont count as computers

Ah this guy again. Tell me why they don't count as computers? Is it because they don't come with Windows preinstalled? Well guess-fucking-what: they don't come with bloatware preinstalled either. What they do come preinstalled with is one of the most mature, advanced, and stable iterations of the Berkeley Software Distribution tree of UNIX ever conceived by man. (don't shoot me Theo de Raadt ;))

Which, by the way, you can read about in my sig. Why don't you? It would shut you up for a few minutes and you might actually learn something.

When using a mac for a college art course I took I found the mouse movement to be extremely clunky and awkward. That would make FPS games terrible for me and that's most of what I play.

Art course + mouse = you're doing it wrong. Why didn't you blame the university for giving you a mouse to draw with?

Also nobody says you have to use the same mouse for art as for FPS games. Razer has full OS X support. I play CS:GO all day on this MacBook with my DeathAdder 2013. Just unplug it from your desktop, and plug it into your laptop. It's really not that hard, though given the kind of ingeniously intuitive insight you and your ilk so often project (vomit?) upon these unwilling masses, I wouldn't blame you for not knowing how to do so.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Ah this guy again. Tell me why they don't count as computers? Is it because they don't come with Windows preinstalled? Well guess-fucking-what: they don't come with bloatware preinstalled either. What they do come preinstalled with is one of the most mature, advanced, and stable iterations of the Berkeley Software Distribution tree of UNIX ever conceived by man. (don't shoot me Theo de Raadt ;))

I was jk but I dont think theyre very good

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I was jk but I dont think theyre very good

Care to elaborate?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Care to elaborate?

over priced and under powered only good thing is design and their advertising also not as much support

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Art course + mouse = you're doing it wrong. Why didn't you blame the university for giving you a mouse to draw with?

Also nobody says you have to use the same mouse for art as for FPS games. Razer has full OS X support. I play CS:GO all day on this MacBook with my DeathAdder 2013. Just unplug it from your desktop, and plug it into your laptop. It's really not that hard, though given the kind of ingeniously intuitive insight you and your ilk so often project (vomit?) upon these unwilling masses, I wouldn't blame you for not knowing how to do so.

The mouse movement within the OS was awkward and clunky, it had nothing to do with the mouse I was using. I brought my own mouse(Logitec G100s) to the college. Plus it wasn't drawing, it was tracing using the pen tool in illustrator. You're also taking this way too seriously.

over priced and under powered only good thing is design and their advertising also not as much support

Have you done the MacBook challenge? I challenge you to find a 13" laptop that has similar specs to the MacBook Pro Retina including thickness, display resolution, build quality, and technical specifications, at a similar price.

The mouse movement within the OS was awkward and clunky, it had nothing to do with the mouse I was using. I brought my own mouse(Logitec G100s) to the college. Plus it wasn't drawing, it was tracing using the pen tool in illustrator. You're also taking this way too seriously.

Mouse movement is very smooth in OS X, especially on trackpads. People love MacBook trackpads.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Have you done the MacBook challenge? I challenge you to find a 13" laptop that has similar specs to the MacBook Pro Retina including thickness, display resolution, build quality, and technical specifications, at a similar price.

Mouse movement is very smooth in OS X, especially on trackpads. People love MacBook trackpads.

Well I've used a PC for 16 years, I used a Mac for 6 months and found it extremely clunky. Personal experience outweighs opinions on the internet I'm afraid.

Personal experience outweighs opinions on the internet I'm afraid.

That goes both ways, you know.

I've used a PC since the DOS days, bro.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

That goes both ways, you know.

I've used a PC since the DOS days, bro.

Then we are at an impasse. I came in about Windows 98 era, so I've never used DOS before.

it might not have the same pixel density but all the other boxes are ticked by a long way http://www.ncix.com/detail/asus-rog-g550jk-intel-core-ca-98211-1349.htm

it might not have the same pixel density but all the other boxes are ticked by a long way http://www.ncix.com/detail/asus-rog-g550jk-intel-core-ca-98211-1349.htm

No they're not.

That's thicker, has no SSD, lower pixel density, and absolutely AWFUL battery life.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

No they're not.

That's thicker, has no SSD, lower pixel density, and absolutely AWFUL battery life.

wait it doesnt have an ssd? and the battery life isnt bad and I admitted the lower res life

wait it doesnt have an ssd? and the battery life isnt bad and I admitted the lower res life

http://www.trustedreviews.com/asus-g550jk_Laptop_review_performance-heat-noise-and_Page-2

"There’s only room for a four-cell battery in this system, and that means poor battery life. In our standard test, the Asus lasted for just over three hours – only a few minutes more than the MSI managed, and around half an hour more than the Gigabyte.

That inauspicious result was followed up by an hour-long lifespan in our high-end gaming test, which makes full use of the graphics card and runs the screen at 100% brightness. That’s the same lifespan as the MSI, and a little less than the Gigabyte. You’ll need to plug in.

Don’t expect much gaming after a thirty-minute emergency charge, either. The Asus recovered an impressive 38% of its battery, but that’s only good for just over an hour of basic use."

Like I said, godawful battery life.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

-snip-

ok I admit im wrong but I will say that I would still buy the ROG over the pro more power and higher density then my desktop and the battery life and lack of ssd arent deal breakers for me

ok I admit im wrong but I will say that I would still buy the ROG over the pro more power and higher density then my desktop and the battery life and lack of ssd arent deal breakers for me

Actually a three hour max, one hour min battery life is kind of shameful these days. They were trying to make it thin, but now it's awkwardly sort-of thin and has terrible battery life.

This isn't 2002, you can expect more. Personally I'll take six hours of battery life for the extra $30 a MacBook costs, thank you.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Actually a three hour max, one hour min battery life is kind of shameful these days. They were trying to make it thin, but now it's awkwardly sort-of thin and has terrible battery life.

This isn't 2002, you can expect more. Personally I'll take six hours of battery life for the extra $30 a MacBook costs, thank you.

we agreed it depends on your needs I would take the rog you would take the pro

we agreed it depends on your needs I would take the rog you would take the pro

Great :D

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Great :D

I try not to be (too) stubborn

I try not to be (too) stubborn

Trust me, you're about 1000x more reasonable than 97% of the people on this forum.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Trust me, you're about 1000x more reasonable than 97% of the people on this forum.

I know (pc is better) but I will say that I forgot about upgradability and repeatability