[PLEASE HELP] Best Mobile GPU?

Backlogger

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M or NVIDIA GTX 765M?

which runs Assassin Creed 4: black flag  better?

850m

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

850M probably, because it's Maxwell and more efficient.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

850M probably, because it's Maxwell and more efficient.

850m

hmm, what about in gaming? specially the game Assassin Creed 4 : Black Flag, do you think it would run better than 765m?

hmm, what about in gaming? specially the game Assassin Creed 4 : Black Flag, do you think it would run better than 765m?

Nah, the 850M would still be a little more powerful.

Nah, the 850M would still be a little more powerful.

wait so it wont be able to run Assassin Creed 4: black flag  better than 765m? but it is way powerful? 

what if it had 4 gb vram and 765m had 2gb vram?

and do you think 2gb vram is more than enough?

wait so it wont be able to run Assassin Creed 4: black flag  better than 765m? but it is way powerful? 

2GB is more than enough for most games

your laptop screen is just 1080P

4GB is a marketing tactic for buying to think that 4GB make your GPU run faster :P 

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

VRAM is pretty much just a number and it only matters when you're running out of it, just like system RAM. By "more powerful" I mean that it can run games better. I say read some reviews on these cards with performance tests on real games.

VRAM is pretty much just a number and it only matters when you're running out of it, just like system RAM. By "more powerful" I mean that it can run games better. I say read some reviews on these cards with performance tests on real games.

2GB is more than enough for most games

your laptop screen is just 1080P

4GB is a marketing tactic for buying to think that 4GB make your GPU run faster :P

Thanks Guys. Thanks a lot. can ask you one more thing?

This Laptop or This Laptop , which is better? thanks :)

the 15.6 inch model

the 17 inch only uses a GT840M

the 15 uses the GTX850M

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

the 15.6 inch model

the 17 inch only uses a GT840M

the 15 uses the GTX850M

Or so they are different? 

damn it.

so which do you think is better?

sorry i don't have much knowledge with graphic cards.

Or so they are different? 

damn it.

so which do you think is better?

like i said the 15 inch model

like i said the 15 inch model

Sorry i didn't noticed that when you said they were different all the time i thought they were the same. 

Thanks.

Thanks Guys. Thanks a lot. can ask you one more thing?This Laptop or This Laptop , which is better? thanks :)

That's a tough one. The first one has a bigger screen, while the other one has an 850M... Both have terrible 5400 rpm drives, I don't care that they're hybrid, replace the drive with a 7200 one or a 7200 hybrid. Wait, the first one has a keyboard backlight, go for it if you wanna game in the dark. Otherwise go for the second one to get a little more powerful card.

That's a tough one. The first one has a bigger screen, while the other one has an 850M... Both have terrible 5400 rpm drives, I don't care that they're hybrid, replace the drive with a 7200 one or a 7200 hybrid. Wait, the first one has a keyboard backlight, go for it if you wanna game in the dark. Otherwise go for the second one to get a little more powerful card.

Ok thanks man.

but how much power different are we talking about?

is this accurate? GPUBOSS

Ok thanks man.

but how much power different are we talking about?

is this accurate? GPUBOSS

Higher score in gaming, so yeah, go for it.

Higher score in gaming, so yeah, go for it.

Thanks a lot  :D

You could use this website here for the 850M and 765M (as it's more fleshed out than GPUBOSS). When comparing other mobile cards, simply select the card on the list that's kind of in the middle of the screen.

Also, CPUBOSS and GPUBOSS do not fully understand mobile hardware, so take their website with a grain of salt. For example, CPUBOSS'll tell you an i7-4810MQ runs at 2.8GHz and is severely weaker than any desktop i7 in recent years, however unless you get to 92c+ on your 4810MQ, it's going to run at 3.6GHz on all cores due to how turbo functions.

Anyway, hope you get a better understanding of laptop GPUs from that above website.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

You could use this website here for the 850M and 765M (as it's more fleshed out than GPUBOSS). When comparing other mobile cards, simply select the card on the list that's kind of in the middle of the screen.

Also, CPUBOSS and GPUBOSS do not fully understand mobile hardware, so take their website with a grain of salt. For example, CPUBOSS'll tell you an i7-4810MQ runs at 2.8GHz and is severely weaker than any desktop i7 in recent years, however unless you get to 92c+ on your 4810MQ, it's going to run at 3.6GHz on all cores due to how turbo functions.

Anyway, hope you get a better understanding of laptop GPUs from that above website.

Thanks man , i will check them out.

You could use this website here for the 850M and 765M (as it's more fleshed out than GPUBOSS). When comparing other mobile cards, simply select the card on the list that's kind of in the middle of the screen.

cpu and gpu boss dont know regular hardware either

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

cpu and gpu boss dont know regular hardware either

I keep finding people linking me to CPUBoss and GPUBoss to tell me mobile chips suck, and they can't get it through their skull that those websites don't know how anything works  :angry:

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

I keep finding people linking me to CPUBoss and GPUBoss to tell me mobile chips suck, and they can't get it through their skull that those websites don't know how anything works  :angry:

For my defense i am big noob. i was browsing and found that website so i checked it out.

For my defense i am big noob. i was browsing and found that website so i checked it out.

Being a newbie is not being a noob. If you don't know you don't know; if I tell you information and/or you come to know better but still act like you don't know, then I'm annoyed xD.

You learned. This is good. *pets*