840M - Chivalry benchmarks

ibbadib

Hello there:-)

I am about to buy the Asus UX32LN with 6GB RAM, 840M, I5-4200U.

The only game I am planning to play is Chivalry.

But it is hard to find benchmarks with that game and that GPU.

So if anyone has a laptop with that GPU and own chivalry, will you please benchmark it for me?

It doens't have to be totally scientific, I just wan't some idea of what FPS/settings I can play at.

Thanks in advance.

here is a review

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-Zenbook-UX32LN-R4053H-Ultrabook-Review.118273.0.html

the 840m uses the onboard DDR3 ram which will handicap it

take a look at the asus X550 instead

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

One guy I know has a laptop with GT840M (he bought it on my advice, otherwise he would've gotten a GT710 powered laptop for playing CS: GO.

From what I've seen, I haven't seen benchmarks on Chivalry for that GPU, but it should run nearly all today's games. Even demanding games can be played on low or above (like Crysis 3, BF4, maybe more), but a bit easier to run games can be played on quite decent settings for a laptop (720p and medium-high details).

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

here is a review

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-Zenbook-UX32LN-R4053H-Ultrabook-Review.118273.0.html

the 840m uses the onboard DDR3 ram which will handicap it

take a look at the asus X550 instead

The first x550 that comes up at google, is at Asus website, where it says it has an 720m... Which is bad. :-).

And since the 840m uses the DDR3 will it be a big improvement to go for the 8GB model?

EDIT: I found one with a 840m, but it didn't have a 1080p screen.