Second Build

Monty.D2

I may be building a low end computer for a relative the budget is going to be around $250 to $300 CAD stay tuned

The budget is way to restrictive^^. Maybe without an SSD boot drive, without a video card, no 80+ bronze certified PSU and 2GB of 1333MHz RAM... but even then, it's close.

The budget is way to restrictive^^. Maybe without an SSD boot drive' date=' without a video card, no 80+ bronze certified PSU and 2GB of 1333MHz RAM... but even then, it's close.[/quote']

BAM!

Edit: For some reason I thought it was $350. This is pretty close, though.

The budget is way to restrictive^^. Maybe without an SSD boot drive' date=' without a video card, no 80+ bronze certified PSU and 2GB of 1333MHz RAM... but even then, it's close.[/quote']

All of those things are luxuries though.

You can easily build a $300 computer and get either an APU processor or use integrated graphics.

Instead of 80+ bronze, you could just use a 300W 80+ Certified PSU. 4GB of 1600 RAM pretty easily.

As for a video card, we don't know if he's playing games or not... he might not be.

Here's what I can make for $300:

AMD A10 5800K :: $130

MSI FM2 :: $50

Corsair Vengeance 1600 -- 4GB :: $26

500GB 7200rpm HDD (WD) :: $64

Plain case w/ 480W PSU :: $30

And no disk drive, because, well, who needs them these days?

So yeah, it's possible. Hell, that can play any game to date, probably on reasonable settings! It's just not advisable.

You can easily build a $300 computer and get either an APU processor or use integrated graphics.

Instead of 80+ bronze, you could just use a 300W 80+ Certified PSU. 4GB of 1600 RAM pretty easily.

As for a video card, we don't know if he's playing games or not... he might not be.

So yeah, it's possible. Hell, that can play any game to date, probably on reasonable settings! It's just not advisable.

the computer is not going to be for gaming (the dude plays his xbox) and an ssd wont be required (they can put one in after if they want) plus there is a external hard drive on sale for 99.99 (3tb) its western digital so prob a caviar green and there is also a 2tb seagate for 89.97

the reason they want me to build them a computer is because the one they have currently is slow (Pentium 4) , will removing data from their crammed hdd do anything? or is it better off just to buy a new motherboard, processor, and possibly ram ?

Even if they get a new motherboard, cpu, and ram wouldnt it be wise to just invest in a new psu and case or no?

Okay, now the budget makes a whole lot more sense haha