TP Link wireless PCIe card and high gain antenna

To begin, here are the products on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0079XWMEI/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0034CQSKW/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On to my review. I decided to get this model because my PC is in the basement, and the basement is the area of the house with the worst reception. All of the plumbing, electrical work, and support of the house happen between the 1st floor and the basement. That can create a lot of interference both electrically and physically. This is why I didn't get the dual band model, because the extra money would be a waste. I had a Medialink USB adapter, but it wasn't giving me the speeds I needed. We have 60 Mbps and I was getting about 15 in the basement. This is expected from a small USB device that has a low gain internal antenna.

I was hesitant to even open the box and put it in my PC because I had one of these before on my dad's PC I built him but it would get about 1 Mbps. I suspected that the motherboard in the PC was the cause of it because it was a budget mATX Asus motherboard that was about $40 and with PC hardware, you get what you pay for. But after about a week with this sitting on my desktop, I decided to put it in. It was hard to make that decision because I don't like opening my PC if I don't have to. Once it's open, I get OCD about dust and cable management. But I did it anyways.

I am pleased with the speed, in the same way that my Christian mother is pleased with a B+ on my report card (I've been out of school for 9 years so this does not apply anymore). A B+ is good, but it's not an A. And I give this wireless card a B+.

Here are a few tests I took 

3710740556.png

3710747793.png

3710752248.png

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

wired connection!, if not then powerline i find it works fine for under 100mbps stuff.

wired connection!, if not then powerline i find it works fine for under 100mbps stuff.

I have a floor and about 30 feet between the router and my PC -_- like I said... It's dangerous to install wiring between floors in a house.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

I have a floor and about 30 feet between the router and my PC -_- like I said... It's dangerous to install wiring between floors in a house.

power line?

power line?

naaah