[US] Cougar Vortex 120mm PWM Case Fan - $5

Faceman

Cougar Vortex 120mm PWM Case Fans for $5 ea. after Mail-In-Rebate, limit 3 per person.

I love these fans, they are incredible, especially for the price.  I have bought these fans through Tigerdirect and this promotion before, it took 8 weeks for me to get my pre-paid visa card as result of rebate.

They are incredibly powerful and extremely silent even at max RPM.  They say they are rated for 1500rpm, but 4 out of my 5 go up to 1650rpm.  They feel incredibly sturdy and well built, they exude quality.  Work very well as either airflow or static pressure fans.

Here is a more detailed write up of their specs on Newegg.com

Lastly a video of what they sound like when used on a radiator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw8pvvJhLOc#t=248

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I have these fans throughout my pc, absolutely looovve them.

Intel 2500K @ 5GHz,Corsair H100i, MSI Z68 GD65, GTX 970 STRIX, 16GB G Skill Sniper, Seasonic X750, 250 GB Samsung 840pro SSDs in Raid 0, Corsair 650D.

Your email address is in the URL of the link. I would advise changing the link. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

Your email address is in the URL of the link. I would advise changing the link. 

Much appreciated

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Are these good for bottom of case fan(in), cpu cooler fan(for pulling in air), and rear fan(out)?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Are these good for bottom of case fan(in), cpu cooler fan(for pulling in air), and rear fan(out)?

They are fantastic for everything.  Their airflow rating is great, their static pressure rating is great, their dBa rating is great.  All around terrific fan that can be mounted every which way.

They are fantastic for everything.  Their airflow rating is great, their static pressure rating is great, their dBa rating is great.  All around terrific fan that can be mounted every which way.

Great!

I just bought two of them.

Is it worth it to trade bitfenix spectre pro red LED fan with these?

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Great!

I just bought two of them.

Is it worth it to trade bitfenix spectre pro red LED fan with these?

To remove the Bitfenix Spectre Pro and replace it with a Cougar?  I mean ya, the Cougar is a much better fan, but the Spectre Pro is a nice fan in its own right.

Lets compare stats: 

Left is the Cougar, Right is the Bitfenix

1500rpm vs. 1200rpm

119CFM vs. 56.2CFM

2.2mm/h20 vs. 1.24mm/H20

17.9dBA vs. 18.9dBA

PWM vs. No-PWM

No LED vs. Yes LED

To remove the Bitfenix Spectre Pro and replace it with a Cougar?  I mean ya, the Cougar is a much better fan, but the Spectre Pro is a nice fan in its own right.

Lets compare stats: 

Left is the Cougar, Right is the Bitfenix

1500rpm vs. 1200rpm

119CFM vs. 56.2CFM

2.2mm/h20 vs. 1.24mm/H20

17.9dBA vs. 18.9dBA

PWM vs. No-PWM

No LED vs. Yes LED

All I see is that bitfenix has LED; is it more pressure-optimized?

All I see is that bitfenix has LED; is it more pressure-optimized?

The Cougar? Yes.  That is the mm/H20 rating.  The Cougar is an all around much better fan, it blows more air, better static pressure, all while being more quiet.  The dBA rating is the only rating where lower = better, everythign else, higher = better.  PWM functionality really nice to have also.

The Cougar? Yes.  That is the mm/H20 rating.  The Cougar is an all around much better fan, it blows more air, better static pressure, all while being more quiet.  The dBA rating is the only rating where lower = better, everythign else, higher = better.  PWM functionality really nice to have also.

Ok; so bitfenix is going away then. :D

I assume the cougar is also a lot better than the fan CM hyper212evo come with?

*orders the third fan*

Ok; so bitfenix is going away then. :D

I assume the cougar is also a lot better than the fan CM hyper212evo come with?

*orders the third fan*

No, it won't be better than the CM 212 EVO Fan.  That fan has a very high mm/H20 rating(3.9mm/H20), and for radiators/CPU fans, you want the highest mm/H20 you can find. 

While the Cougar has a fairly exceptional mm/H20 rating(2.2mm/H20), it is not as good as the one included with the 212 EVO.

No, it won't be better than the CM 212 EVO Fan.  That fan has a very high mm/H20 rating, and for radiators/CPU fans, you want the highest mm/H20 you can find. 

While the Cougar has a fairly exceptional mm/H20 rating, it is not as good as the one included with the 212 EVO.

Thanks for the help.

Just in time to stop order of third fan.