Exclusive games on console that (would) made you buy one

Benbass

You like your PC but, maybe, there is some exclusive games on consoles that made you buy one or is tickling you to buy one. Don't forget to tell us why. :)

Right now, two games pop in my mind, Red Dead Redemption and Trial on the XBLA (both Trial HD and Trial Evolution).

- Red Dead Redemption because it is for me the best GTA-like ever made at that time. Great story, great 'missions' (far less repetitive than GTA4) and awesome world full of life.

- And Trial because the learning curve is fantastic. You can play for months, come back to old tracks and see how much you improved. It requires a lot of skill and learning to beat the hardest difficulty, it's not very frustrating when you miss because you can feel that it was your fault and not because of a bad design of the game. A true arcade/gamer game.

So, do you appreciate console games ? Maybe from Nintendo ? Tell us.

I would never buy a console just for an exclusive game. I think most games are barely worth their $60 price tag as it is, let alone another $200-300 for the console.

However there are some exclusives that I love and I would definitely play if I already had the console. For Xbox Gears of War comes to mind, I played through the Gears of War 1 & 2 campaign and they're right up in the high rankings of my favorite single player shooter campaigns, no idea how the multiplayer or the newer ones fare. For Playstation God of War is top of my list, pretty similar situation to Xbox, I played through 1 & 2 back when I had a PS2 and I absolutely loved them.

There are just too many console-exclusive games to name. As much as PC games may look better and "be a better value" in the end, consoles honestly just have far more games to play. That's why PC gaming is losing the market, there aren't enough developers devoted to it.

I like the fact that it's way cheaper and easier to make indie games for the PC rather than consoles, and thus there are way more of them on PC. So in a way PC has exclusive games as well. I just jumped from PS3 to PC and I haven't looked back a little bit.

Bitfenix Shinobi Window, ASUS P8Z77-V PRO, Intel i5 3570k Cooled by Noctua NH-U12S, msi GTX 660 (non-ti) 2GB, Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz 8GBCorsair CX600, Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB, ASUS Xonar DGX, Windows 7 Home Premium, 1995 IBM Model M2 (buckling springs), SteelSeries Sensei RAW, Sennheiser HD 518, A 22" 1680x1050 LG TV, Samsung S27D390H 27" PLS HD Monitor, Crucial MX-100 256GB SSD, RGB Case LEDs from IKEA(no kidding)

Halo games are the only reason for me to have my X360 right now. Unfortunately the way 343i altered the killer recipe in Halo 4 has made me doubt if I want to continue with consoles.

Consoles for me have a purpose, they're for games like GTA (inb4 GTA would look so much better on PC, of course it would), NHL, Halo... I love my PC and my X360.

Almost any Nintendo game or more like the promise of great games from Nintendo helped me make the decision to buy a Wii U on launch.

Halo4 would make me buy some Xbox .... but since i HATE consoles... it'll never hapen :P

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

The reasons why I recently got a PS3 were mainly Red dead redemption, Uncharted, the upcoming The last of us and of course GTA V.

Reason I still have an Xbox is because of Halo and going to get GTA V when it's released.

Reason I still have a PS3 is because it slowly became a sole blu-ray player.

Why do you quote yourself?

Halo' date=' It's sad that they made it a console title after the first one.[/quote']

Actually Halo 2 was also ported to the pc. I agree though I wish I could sell my xbox if it wasn't for Halo. Also maybe GTA 5. If I had a PS3 The Last of Us would be a definite buy.

Anyone that has ever owned a PS3 and has never played Heavy Rain or Demon's Souls is doing it wrong.

The Uncharted games where masterpieces, easily enough convincing for me to get a ps3,

uncharted-3-desert_zps8bf88bda.jpg

had I not already bought one to play MGS4.

mgs44_zpsc7274dce.jpg

Nintendo consoles for mario, zelda, and basically all of their exclusives (I own all of them)

Xbox for halo and not much more (Maybe FEZ on XBLA)

Sony consoles for Final fantasy and japanese games

Neo Geo x gold (That thing is awesome)

Thats about it

FX-6300 @ 4.1 MHz; Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo; XFX Radeon 7870 Core Edition; Arock 970 Extreme 3; Corsair CX600; Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 @1600MHz; Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Zalman Z9 Case

Asus U43F-BBA7; i5-460M @ 2.53GHz; Crucial 8GB(2x4GB) @1333MHz; Intel 520 120GB SSD

PS3 for red dead redemption

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Halo series and Gears of War

Uncharted and MGS

Thats it for me however im a marine engineer so work for months away from home and the consoles are gd for that

Halo, also mass effect 3 does not have controller support and since I played 1 and 2 on my xbox before I sold it and built my first gaming pc a couple years ago I can't bring myself to play it with a keyboard (I'm strange I guess). I may borrow a 360 to play it at some point but as of now I'm just going without.

Halo 4, it's the only competitive scene that I feel that I am missing out on.

I'm about to buy an xbox for halo 4.

• Sabertooth Z77
  • Intel i7 3770k
  • EVGA FTW GTX 670
  • 16 GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz RAM
  • 1TB WD Black HDD
  • 250gb Intel 520 Series SSD
  • Corsair AX750 PSU

bought a PSP just for God of War: Chains of Olympus, then it came out on PS3 anyway haha

God of War, Uncharted, Red Dead Redemption, Halo, Dragon's Dogma, Asura's Wrath, Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, ZombiU, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby Just to name some of my favorite console only games.

I honestly don't know a single game I'd buy a console for. Not even Legend of Zelda, which I love, is worth buying a console over for me...

There are just too many console-exclusive games to name. As much as PC games may look better and "be a better value" in the end' date=' consoles honestly just have far more games to play. That's why PC gaming is losing the market, there aren't enough developers devoted to it.[/quote']

Nope. There's far more PC games then console games.

PC isn't losing the market either, it's more popular then ever.

Nope. There's far more PC games then console games. PC isn't losing the market either' date=' it's more popular then ever. [/quote']

Do you count Facebook "games" ? Trololol

2012 is the year of indie-games IMHO, so it was a great year for the PC

I'm looking forward to The Last of Us on PS3.

Fez for xbox360 I'm heavily contemplating picking up a cheap xbox JUST for that game.