I need help please.

KANE 7-12

I am building a new computer, my first custom build. I am useinf Corsair Vengence memory, 2 sticks 8 GB each for a total of 16 GB. The mother board os Asrock Z77 extreme 4. I am now wateing on my third motherboard due to RAN issues. If I install one stick of ram, the board works. If I install the second, it wont even start giving me the error code that no memory installed. Someone please help? Asrock says they are compatible.

Probably best to send the RAM back if it's not working

Compatible with Windows 95

When your installing the ram, which two slots are you putting them in.

Also have you tried each stick on its own or just only the the first stick on its own, just to rule out its not the memory at fault.

Just wondering if your putting both sticks in memory channel A rather than one stick in memory channel A and one stick in memory channel B

Check each RAM slot with each stick (only use one), so a total for 8 tests. So using stick #1, insert it into a slot, test, if it works, test the next slot, and so on and so forth. Then if all slots work use the next stick on all of them.

If one of the sticks fails or a particular slot fails, you can narrow down whether it's the stick or the motherboard that has the issue.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

I tried installing a single stick in each ram slot, like I saie it powers on in single chanel memory mode only. When I incert the second is when I fet arror code 55 Also when installing both sticks I tried A1, and B1 or A2, and B2 as shown in the manual. I have rmaed the board 3 times now, wateing on the third currently. I even tried another 2 sticks of the exact same memory. So I have a total of 4 sticks of rem. 32 gb